View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 12:22 PM   #50 (permalink)
lilly_luna
Ravenclaw
Firecrab

Unhappy

Well since i can't be bothered with this fic im sorry to say to my loyal two readers it will all end tomorow when i post the last to chapters and focus on illegitimate which i hope will be better !

Chapter 18

Looking to the future

A week later

“Well that’s a result” smiled Ron looking at the front page of the daily prophet on his desk.
“What Malfoy?” Harry spoke, without looking up from his paper work.
“Yep, two months without him strutting around stealing other men’s wives and girlfriends”
“Don’t tell me you had something to do with it Ron?”
“I just hinted some things to the law enforcement squad and asked if I could help them with the raid” he smiled “To see the look on his face was priceless”
“That’s not right Ron your suppose to set an example not exact revenge”
“I couldn’t help it and anyway it was well worth it, don’t mention it to anyone though”
“Fine, I’m going to lunch; Ginny’s got a scan at a muggle hospital today” Smiled Harry,
“Ok see you later; I might pop in on Hermione spread the good news” said Ron getting up from his desk and grabbing a cloak.

Ron glanced around his living room looking for her as he stepped out of the fireplace “Hermione?” He called. “In the kitchen” Hermione shouted.

“Hey honey”, she got up from the table and kissed him “me and your mum are just looking through some wedding magazines” He kissed his mothers cheek and then started to make a cup of tea “I just thought I’d come back for some tea on my break, Harry’s gone to the muggle hospital with Ginny”
“There’ nothing wrong is there” Said Molly
“No, just a scan”
“Have you seen the prophet” Smiled Hermione showing him it from under the pile on the table. “Yes, two months” Ron smiled back “he gets out while were on our honeymoon”
“Ron, don’t tell me you’re responsible for this?” Hermione looked at him closely.
“Why?”
He forgot his mother was in the room.
“Why couldn’t I get him back for what he’s done to us, I wasn’t going to let him get away with it. It like I told Harry it’s his own fault he got caught I just helped out the law enforcement guys get him”
“But you interfered; I told you I dealt with it why couldn’t you just leave it?”
“Because I couldn’t”
“What has he done to you two?” Asked Molly gazing at both of them,
“Nothing mum” Said Ron glumly, “I thought you would be happy Hermione”
“You risked your job Ron and you didn’t trust me, why would I be happy” She ran out of the room in tears and locked herself in there bedroom.

“Hermione please come out” Said Ron knocking on the door “Mums gone and I want to speak to you”
“How can I marry you if you don’t trust me?”
“I do trust you; I just don’t trust him and my own judgement”
She unlocked the door and sat on the chair in the corner. He opened the door and sat on the bed facing her. “I just wanted to be there when they got him back; I didn’t risk my job for him. To see him get what he deserved could never match up to marrying you.”
“Then why not just leave it to me to stop him, he would have done it eventually now what’s he going to do when he gets out, he’ll come straight after you. Never mind your job what about your life and our life together”
“He won’t come after me; he doesn’t know I was there. The law enforcement squad placed a memory charm on him by accident and he doesn’t remember me just them coming through the windows”

“They couldn’t reverse it”
“They thought it would be best not to, and his girlfriend only remembers me talking to them and then she left she only knows what the ministry has told her”
“So he’s gone for a while and were safe from him when he gets out”
“Yes, nice and simple” He smiled “Please say you’ll still marry me”
“Of course I will” they hugged
“Im going to get back to work or Pascal’s going to be mad, see you tonight don’t forget dinner at the burrow” He kissed her and went downstairs to the fire place.

“Were not telling” Smiled Ginny sitting next to Harry on the couch at the burrow.
“But why not, as your mother I ought to know so I can knit the right clothes”
“Mum im not telling so just stick to a neutral colour”
“But -” “No mum, so what’s for dinner im hungry”
“A roast, Ron and Hermione should be here soon; though they might not be they had an argument about something to do with Malfoy while I was there this morning”

Harry and Ginny looked at each other worried when they knocked on the door, “Its open” called Molly. “Hey you guys” said Hermione hugging Ginny and Harry, while Ron went and hugged his mother. “Hermione see if you can get them to tell you whether it’s a boy or girl” Molly smiled as she waved her wand and a chicken on a tray flew out of the oven and onto the side.

Harry Laughed “We wanted to keep it a secret”
“And why can’t we?” giggled Ginny squeezing his hand in her own. “It should be a surprise, just be glad the baby’s healthy”
Arthur came out from his office “Just leave them be Molly, if they don’t want to tell us they don’t have to”

After dinner they settled down on the couch and chatted while Ginny spoke to Hermione quietly.
“So he helped to get Malfoy to get back at him for you?”
“Yes”
“So mum doesn’t know anything about you and him only that Ron was there during the raid”
“Yep, he won’t tell her why we argued, so she’s not happy”
“Im not surprised, we just best hope she never finds out and im not going to tell her anything”
“Neither am I”
Hermione smiled “So are you still ok to shop for dresses on Tuesday with me and Luna?”
“Yes if we can find one for the whale I shall become at six months when I waddle down the aisle with you”
“It won’t be that bad, you’re not even that big at four so I don’t think you’ll whale out”
“Hmm I just keep thing about how big Elizabeth was, she had them on New Year’s Day”
“What did she call the little demons?”
“Indigo and Imelda, they don’t look like him they just have his eyes”
She shrugged “They grow up to be just like him, and with a mother like her just as twisted”
“She not so bad now she’s calmed down a bit”
“Well I still hope I never have to see her again”
“You don’t, just avoid her”
“What are you two talking about?” Harry grinned, sitting next to Ginny.
“You better not be telling her whether it’s a boy or girl”
“No, were just talking about Elizabeth’s girls”
He nodded “Well I think we should go home” yawned Ginny “I need to sleep, and so do you too” She Nudged Harry “He didn’t get in till three this morning”
They said there good byes and left. Ron and Hermione left soon after and spent the rest of the evening discussing wedding plans until they fell asleep on the couch.