View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 11:58 AM   #48 (permalink)
lilly_luna
Ravenclaw
Firecrab

Unhappy

Chapter 16

Christmas Presents

It began to snow in Ottery St Catchpole at five am and didn’t stop all day.
At ten o’clock four figures met in the centre of town and walked to the burrow presents in hand trudging through the snow rather then using there magic to arrive at the door. Once inside they were sat down given hot drinks and the present handing out began.

“This is for you Harry from us” as Molly handed the large package over, “A foe glass thanks Molly”
“And this is for you Ginny, and this is for you” as she handed a large odd looking parcel to Ron and a neatly wrapped package to Ginny. In the shape of a brush was a book called ‘A wizards wonder guide to cleaning’ and for Ginny a small book covered in silk, called ‘the wizard parents handbook: what to expect without a wand’

“I clean up brilliantly” said Ron smiling at Hermione “Apart from the socks crawling to the laundry by themselves, the dishes you leave every where and the ice cream you get on the couch” Laughed Hermione.

When all the presents where opened and paper collected the children were trying out there new gifts to the delight of Fred and George Jr’s zooming around ankles on toddler size broomsticks while Victoire clapped from the floor.
“Juzt you wait Ginny” Said Fleur “zay can be an ‘andful zometimes”
“I’m looking forward to it, and I pretty much married a big kid anyway” she said elbowing Harry playfully, and he retaliated by tickling her.
“Behave you two” said Molly as they moved from tickling to kissing.
“We’re allowed to now mum” Said Ginny giggling “We’re married”
“And I suppose it doesn’t hurt your knocked up as well” Said Charlie grabbing Fred Jr as he almost tripped up Percy holding a large book, while zooming around on the broomstick.
“Not really” Laughed Ginny, “And thanks to that I have to wee” she said getting up and nearly sprinted to the bathroom.

As the laughed died off from the room as Ginny returned and dinner was announced. The turkey was humongous the table was covered in decorations, food and the Weasley joke shop crackers. Arthur sat at the head of the table and looking over the turkey at all of his family smiled and announced a toast to all before carving the large bird.

As the party began to leave carrying there gifts with them through the fire place, Hermione hugged her soon to be mother in law and stepped into the flames holding Ron’s hand tightly. Ginny and Harry followed suit leaving only Molly and Arthur in the living room. “We raised some great kids there sweetheart” as Arthur hugged his wife, “I know but I do miss them so much, Christmas is the only time we all have together and I cherish it” he kissed her on the fore head turned out the lights and they made there way up to bed exhausted from the celebrations.

Hermione woke to a snoring Ron beside her and crept downstairs for a glass of water. Standing in the kitchen drinking she heard a noise, it was pecking. She turned to the window to find a large owl. Opening the window to let the bird in it she expected the letter to be from work for Ron. But upon looking at it she found it was addressed to her though she didn’t recognise the writing.

‘To my dear Hermione happy Christmas in your new home, I know your missing me when you’re in his arms’

“He couldn’t be more wrong” she said aloud
“Wrong, about what Hermione?”

“Oh Ron did I wake you, im sorry”
“No you didn’t, what’s that?” He said pointing to the letter in her hand,
“It’s nothing just a letter, from, from Malfoy”
“Malfoy, why are you getting letters from him?”
“He won’t leave me alone – Ron stop” he grabbed his wand and was going up stairs as if to change. She grasped his arm “Ron, listen to me before you fly off the handle”
“Why?” He said pulling his arm away “I can’t believe you never told me, how long has this been going on?”
“Since we got back together, he sends things, notes and flowers to annoy me”
“And you said nothing?”
“I couldn’t worry you Ron, he’s not worth it”
“I’m suppose to be there for you and protect you if he’s tormenting you I can’t let it happen, you should have told me sooner”
“I haven’t told anyone I thought he would just give up and stop and then this came” She handed him the letter. “And some flowers three days ago”
Tearing it up angrily, he began to pace.
“Ron please calm down, it’s nothing I will deal with him and we will never have to see or hear of him again”
“How can you say it’s nothing, there’s something going on and I want to know what?”
“There is nothing going on, you do trust me don’t you Ron”
“Of course I do but -”
“Then trust me to deal with him”
“I don’t know if I can”
“Yes you can Ron; I promise I won’t let him get to us any more”
She got up and stood in front of him stopping him in his tracks “Look at me Ron” He stared deep into her eyes, “Hermione -”
“Ron I’m going to sort it all out, but for now we need to sleep” He couldn’t reply but placed his wand on the table and they walked upstairs.

He lay awake hearing her breathing next to his chest and her warmth surrounding his body. He wasn’t going to let Malfoy get away with it, he was hurting her and now he was going to hurt him.