View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #45 (permalink)
lilly_luna
Ravenclaw
Firecrab

Chapter 15

Haunted by the past.

The roses where blood red, crisp and came with an everlasting bloom charm.

She threw them in the bin sitting in the corner of the room and torn up the card that had come with them. “Congratulation’s on your engagement with love Draco” He had been taunting her every time they had met at work and now when they didn’t. She pushed him to the back of her thoughts, knowing she was going to marry the man she loved and he had nothing. Admiring the ring on her finger she smiled, and forgot about him.

Ron knocked on the door, and came in smiling. “So my love, are you ready to go for lunch” as he grabbed her cloak from the door and sat on the arm of her chair.
“Yep” she looked up into his eyes and kissed him romantically.

Ginny was now four months pregnant and just beginning to show. As they sat at the table waiting for Ron and Hermione, they began to discuss baby names.
“I still think James or Lily” Said Ginny “I think I would like them to have your parent’s names”
“But we run the risk of what Sirius did, I mean he confused me with my dad”
“You are there son and this is your child, there’s no reason why they wouldn’t be like you, me and them and I don’t think I’d mind them being heroes”
“I’ll think I’ll leave the names to you then its do difficult for me what if we name them something they hate”
“Why would any boy or girl hate James or Lily, I think there safer and nicer then something ridiculous like I don’t know, Indigo and Imelda”
Harry laughed “Only because Elizabeth’s calling her girls those names but what surname are they having, it won’t be Malfoy, will it?”
“Erm she said her maiden name because that’s what she’s gone back to, so it’s Hathaway”
Just then Ron and Hermione came into the café and sat beside them.
“Hi guys” Said Hermione
“Hello you two, how’s the wedding planning going?” Said Ginny
“It’s only been a week since he asked me” she said and kissed Ron’s cheek, his ears going pink.
“We haven’t done anything, since we threw the plan out the window were just packing to move into the new house before Christmas, its only a three days away” said Ron “How are you two ready for a baby in five months are you?”

“Hey we were just talking names, tell me what wrong with James or Lily?” Said Ginny, laughing.
“I think there great name’s” Smiled Hermione
“It’s just who there named after that gets me” Said Harry “it not that I don’t miss my parents, but to name my kids after them feel’s weird”
“Who said kids, it’s bad enough once, you’ve seen Fred, George and there sons I think they can wait for more” Said Ron,
“Why stop at one?” Said Ginny smiling at Ron “I might aim for seven like mum” As Harry and Hermione burst into laughter Ron sat looking shocked.
“Just you wait Harry, she’s not joking” Smiled Ron and Harry went quiet.

Ron walked into the kitchen of there new house,
“You want a cup of tea while we unpack?”
“Yes please” she raised her wand opened a box marked kitchen and two teabags flew out of a tin and into the kitchen followed by milk, sugar, two cups and a kettle. “I’m just going to look around upstairs”
There were three bedrooms and two bathrooms, and a small study containing the only original furniture a small wooden chair, which she sat on and faced the window looking out at the hillside view. She saw something in the distance coming toward her and as it came closer she noticed it was an owl. Instead of going to the down stairs window, it acting like it had spotted her and landed pecking on the glass. The large brown bird ruffled its feathers and held out its leg with a message on.
She opened it and read:

“Dear Hermione,
All has gone well in Italy; I have some what of a relationship with my mother and friendship with her husband who is actually a good man. I hope to return to Ireland soon, a month of Italy with my mother is more then enough for anyone and I wish to stop off in England to sell Aisling house, to collect my things from Drummond Street since it’s now her house and go to Dean and Luna’s wedding. I thought I’d let you know how it all went since your involvement was my doing. Again I would like to say how sorry I am. I wish you happiness on your engagement to Ron.

Hope to see you at Dean and Luna’s wedding, Have a great Christmas.

Seamus

Sending the bird away without writing a reply she walked down the stairs.
“Are you ok?” Said Ron “you look pale” As he handed her the cup of steaming tea and made her sit on the couch. She handed him the letter, “It just came now”
“Oh” said Ron as he finished reading it,
“Well I can cope with that just as long as he doesn’t kidnap you again” as he placed his arm around her, “But why now, why couldn’t he just leave it?”
“I suppose he just wanted to warn you he’d be at the wedding and I mean it’s not a bad letter or anything, he’s just informing you of what he’s doing, did you reply?”
“No, I don’t want to, I’ll be glad when he leaves the country” she said moving closer to him and screwing up the letter.
He hugged her, and took a sip of tea “Let’s unpack shall we” as he removed his wand from his robes and waved it around placing books on shelfs and cups in cupboards.