View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 05:31 AM   #38 (permalink)
lilly_luna
Ravenclaw
Firecrab

Smile

ok beware this is the longest chapter, there was just so much to put in !

Chapter 11

An Uninvited guest

Hermione looked through her wardrobe, ‘what to wear, what to wear’ she thought picking things out glancing at them and throwing them on her bed behind her until she got fed up, used her wand to place everything back inside and looked again. She finally decided on a black dress, jacket and high heeled shoes, showered changed and then began to tame her hair. She looked at herself in the mirror, she smiled thinking of Ron. Closing her eyes she thought of him, and the way he used to kiss her neck, but it wasn’t just a fantasy, and he spoke.

“You look beautiful, are you going somewhere?” she replied “Harry and Ginny’s” but she opened her eyes and saw his reflection in the mirror pushed him away from her and stood up to face him.
“What is it with people like you sneaking into my home; it’s supposed to be protected?” He smiled walking forward, and she backed to towards the wall “but I’m not just any one I have a wand too and quite the aptitude for breaking defensive spells” his hand moving to her cheek and leaning in to kiss her,

“Don’t even think about it Malfoy, get out now” she said drawing her own wand getting up and pointing at him. “so back so surnames are we, I suppose its best now im single too, and its not as if my wife will even want my name when she finds out who I’ve been with while we were married”

“So she finally figured you out did she, well if you’ve finished you can leave, I’ve all ready been kidnapped once and I don’t intend it to happen again this year.”
“Well since you haven’t cursed me yet I think I might have a drink, what do you think of elf made wine” he never lost eye contact as he conjured a bottle of crimson liquid and two glasses.
“I told you to go, if you won’t leave on your own, I’ll move to magic” as she made the floating bottle and glasses vanish. She continued to point her wand at him. “I’ve told you before I want nothing more to do with you, and you seem to be like Seamus nothing gets through that thick skull of your”
He ignored her and carried on talking “Well we seemed to reach that same point as we did over four months ago, what you gonna do now?”
“What both I and Elizabeth should have done”
“You know, I all ways liked you best out of you both that’s why I’m here”
She couldn’t do anything, she wanted to know more, he was distracting her with conversation, but she also knew she could be any where near him or she might kiss him again.
“Don’t you get it Malfoy, after weeks of telling you, after a single mistake” he cut her off,
“I wouldn’t say single, you forgot that little kiss that led us to that comfy closet”
“Just go Malfoy please, I’ve moved on you should to”
“Well thanks to Potter and Weasley’s visit I had to explain some things to dear Cecilia, but don’t worry our little secrets safe, but as it all turns out I divorced her so she doesn’t know about my shall we say indiscretions”
“I bet she’s glad to be rid of you”
“Yes, but now im single, though I know that didn’t matter for you before” She grimaced at these words “I thought you might just want me as much I want you, and at this moment that’s quite a bit” she held her wand higher as he moved closer to her.
“Now, now Hermione, you might take out someone’s eye with that.” He smiled his cold eyes searching her face for any sign of emotion “So what do you know about me and dear Elizabeth, we were very close”
“Close enough to get her pregnant with twins; you’re a pathetic excuse of a human being who won’t even take responsibility for his actions”
He laughed “well I do have my moments of remorse, and that I ever even touched sweet little Lizzy was one of them, but with you there was never a regret no matter how hard I looked but there all ways was that mystery, would you even consider any one but Ron, and the fact you wanted me did intrigue me, since you knew I was married and Lizzy didn’t.”
She slapped him hard across the face, “GET OUT” she screamed her hand pointing to the open door of her bedroom and her wand pointing at him. She forced him out of the door and into the living room. “You don’t want me to go” He sneered “I can see it on your face” he turned around to face her and walked forwards forcing her back towards the wall. He kissed her and she fell into his embrace but realising what had happened she opened her eyes, pushed him back, gripped her wand and pointed it at him.
“Don’t come near me, I can’t be anywhere near you your just toxic” She walked forward wand raised.
“Just because you left your wife doesn’t mean I want you and neither will any one else, you try and seduce” she opened the front door pushed him out and slammed it in his face.

Composing herself, she straightened out her dress, fiddled with her hair grabbed her wand and walked into the green flames of the open fire place.

Ron stepped out into the living room “Hey Ron,” Said Harry sitting on the couch “come and keep Dean and Luna company while I go and see what Ginny’s doing” He took a step forward and then settled in the spot Harry had left on the couch “Hi Ron” said Dean “how you doing mate?”
‘I’m so sick of people asking me that’ he thought but he replied “Im fine, just fine” a smile plastered in his face.
“So why do you look so sad Ron?” Said Luna, she placed a hand on his shoulder. “You can’t hide how you feel Ron, don’t bottle it up you’ll feel worse”
But before he could reply Hermione stepped out from the fire place and walking past him he smelt her perfume in the air, saw the smile she gave him and admired the curves of her body in the tight fitting dress.

“I take it things are ok with you to since you didn’t take your eyes off of her when she walked past” said Dean, He looked back vacantly “huh, yeh , no”
“My god your love sick, why on put your self through it, I’m with Luna, Harry’s with Ginny and everyone knows about you and Hermione” Luna and Hermione moved to the table to chat. “If it was that easy I would be over there now but its not, I can’t talk to her and I can’t be here after, after everything that’s happened” He stood up to go to the kitchen and see Harry and Ginny when Romlin came through followed by Jasmine. Hermione looked up when Romlin began to talk to Ron and Dean and Jasmine came over to meet her and Luna.

Ginny began to levitate food out to the table, and Harry went to sit with Dean, Romlin and Ron when, the latter met him half way. “I can’t stay here” he whispered “I didn’t know she was coming” said Harry “Ginny invited her and she has as much right to be here as you, she is our friend and she wants to be yours again so hear her out”
“I just –“
“Ron, go and say hello, this is my house and my rules” Harry smiled
Ron nodded as he turned around and walked towards her.
“Hello Hermione”
She looked at him and a smile filled her whole face “Hello Ron, what did you do to your hand?” she reached out and he let her hold it and examine it. Neither of them noticed the whole room was staring.
He felt her skin against his own and felt relief, the cuts didn’t hurt and he couldn’t even reply for staring in her eyes. She looked away “Ron? Ron?” She laughed quietly “why don’t we talk out there?” pointing to the door to the hallway. He snapped away from his trance “I cut it on some glass, just had a little accident” as he pulled his hand away. “How are you Hermione?”
“Im good Ron, but how are you?”
“I guess I’m good too, just tired you know with work and everything” he said rubbing the back of his neck with his left hand.
“Im glad your ok with me being here, Ginny asked me at the last minute” She looked at him nervously as if a bomb would explode.
“Im fine with you being here” ‘fine’ he thought ‘fine, why is that all he could thing of he most defiantly was not fine and she could see it’
“You’re not ok are you, I know you Ron”
“And I thought I knew you” He turned away just as,

“Dinner” called Ginny “Is served” and they all sat at the square table. Harry and Ginny on one side, Luna and Dean opposite them, then Romlin and Jade settled one end of the table leaving the only spaces next to each other for Ron and Hermione. There elbows met occasionally, but they never spoke to each other throughout the meal.

Finally abandoning the silence from Ron, Hermione gestured to Ginny and they stepped out side into the moonlight, leaving everyone inside chatting over butter beers.

“So what is going on with you two, you had a whole conversation and then nothing!”
Hermione gestured for Ginny to sit beside her on a bench.
“I know, but I have something else to tell you, I had a visit from Malfoy tonight”
“What! Hermione don’t tell me your back with that slime ball?”
“No!” she replied quickly “but he told me he wanted me and told me that he and his wife have divorced”
“Has he told her about you and Elizabeth and probably countless others?”
“No, but he well, he’s pretty persistent, and he got into my flat some how.”
“You didn’t …”
“No, why would you even think that, I sent him packing”
“So why aren’t you talking to Ron out here?”
“It not as easy as I thought it would be, he won’t even look at me properly, and he says he’s fine but I know he’s not”
“I don’t even understand him sometimes, he loves you Hermione that much is true, just sit, listen talk, he’s not one to make the effort when he has to but for now be patient, and plus I’ve got Harry and Dean trying to coax him”
“Coax! If it’s that difficult maybe I’ll just go on holiday and come back in ten years when he’s married and forgot about me”
“Hermione, don’t ever say things like that, look, you just have to sort things out, and he needs you Hermione”
“You keep saying that but I’m not so sure, I think if it’s best if I stay away for a while longer”
“You do that and you will lose him for ever”
“I think I have already, and if he won’t fight for us, then I can’t either”
“But you just can’t give up like that”
“I can and I have, I thought about it a lot and just asking about him makes it harder. He won’t ever forgive me Ginny and I can’t and won’t live with it. If I can’t have Ron I don’t want anyone else and that just what I told Seamus, and now im telling you.”
“Now you listen here, Hermione, you hurt my brother and I’ve forgiven you for that and I’m still here so is Harry and we love you. Ron loves you know matter what he might say and do you just have to be persistent. You know just as well as any one that Ron needs you to survive ,everyone can see both of you are suffering for your stupid mistakes and you both need to be put in a room together and made to talk or be cursed”
“Well if you put it like that” said Hermione smiling. She was just about to talk again when Harry emerged through the doors. “Ron’s gone home. He wouldn’t even stay to say goodbye to you two, but he looked pretty ill”
“Ok, were coming in now any way”

Ron sat in a corner of his room, he was being haunted by the kindness in her eyes the love she had gave him was lost on him. He didn’t know what to do any more, and just sat his eyes closed immersed with her, a perfect Hermione in his dreams as she couldn’t be in his reality. His limbs felt loose and his body sank down so he was now lying on his back no longer against the wall. Unable to speak, he lay happy and peaceful not fine any more but suppressed by a love sick stupor.

Uncomfortable on the hard wooden floor he woke hours later to darkness. As his eyes adjusted, he slowly got up and felt his way to his wand on the bedside table. “Lumos” he muttered. The light burned a clear hole in the darkness of the room and he ventured to the bathroom. After relieving himself he walked down the steep stairs using his wand and avoiding lighting the lamps in case it woke his parents.

He sat at the kitchen table with a glass of water, his head in his hands when he felt it in his trouser pocket. Placing his hand inside he pulled it out, all that remained of his relationship was a small silver pocket watch engraved with the words “for my Ron love you’re Hermione” he smiled thinking of when she had given it to him. It had been his twenty first birthday the year before, and they had had a large party in his flat, his whole family squeezed in. She had handed it to him in a small box when they were finally alone in the corner of the room “Happy Birthday Ron” she had whispered placing a kiss on his cheek. Placing it on the table he got up took a sip of water, wrote a note to leave on the table “I’ve gone for a walk, I will be back. Don’t come looking” and walked out into the night.

The clouds covered the crescent moon as he looked to the sky and he couldn’t see anything further then his wand light. He pulled his cloak around himself in the night time breeze, took a deep breath and walked on into the nearby woods.