View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 05:09 AM   #30 (permalink)
D.A Forever
Dark Force Defense League

DMC & SA
Banshee

x2 x3
Fortress of Brilliance ღ Mommy Quad

Blurred visions and warm hugs

Looking out the open window I sat beside, watching the morning sun rise further into the sky; I blinked, trying to clear my vision from blurring. Absentmindedly I moved the long dark strands that were my bangs, now long enough to stay out of my eyes without as much difficulty.

This was the last thing I had ever thought would happen. Then again, was this sort of thing ever expected? I don't think so. Of course not. Few could actually predict death, if at all. I could only imagine what Whiggalima was going through, if she knew yet. And Samuel; he always had this protective shell about him when bad things happen. He acts as if it's no big deal, and isn't effecting him in the least when really, it's the exact opposite. How could Tristian not care enough about this, or what it'll do to his little sister? Those were his parents too! How dare him?! No matter what he has in his stupid head, he was born into our family and he needs to act it.

A slight knock, and opening of my and Madison's bedroom door snapped me out of my trance. I stood, acknowledging whomever it was, which happened to be Madi herself. Standing there in the middle of the room for a moment, neither of us said a word outloud. But mentally, alot was said in that silence.

Watching her expression change from normal to shattering into nothingness within less than a millimeter of a second, I went forward (avoiding a mess of bags and our two trunks sitting not too far from me) and wrapped my arms around my sister. "It'll be okay," I promised in a hushed tone, stroking her pale blonde hair away from her wet face. I continued to speak softly, assuring and positive words while rubbing her back in a soothing circular motion. Just like mum had always done when we were upset, whether it be from a nightmare or an upset stomach to hurt feelings.

After several moments which felt alot longer than they actually were, I helped Madison dry her face and together we went to check up on the younger kids. Right as I was closing our door, Lydia came bounding down the hall to get us. "Mummy and Daddy are home!"

Taking in a deep breath, I mustered up as much strength I possibly could; hoping that would make sure I didn't crumble too. Madi picked up the seven year old, and hesitantly we ventured into the livingroom where we found everyone else.

The lighting was dull, no one had bothered to turn on any lamps or open the curtains. That was probably the last thing anyone cared about right now. Dad sat beside Mum on the sofa, arms wrapped around her in an attempt to comfort the woman he loved with all his heart as she cried. Tears streaming down her reddened face were silent, Mum was leaning into his shoulder. Gabriel snuggled close on her lap, being careful of the growing bump we called our Mum's stomach as Kaitlynnh and Julian situated themselves on Dad's side, Lissy and Lydia both got comfortable on his lap.

Blinking back more tears that kept coming, Mum's eyes opened revealing puffy red orbs that were normally a lovely dark chocolate brown color, abit darker than her hair. Taking in a soothing breath to calm herself, Mum shuddered a little and Dad tightened his hold on her. She waved Madison and I over, for we seemed frozen to floor. I took my sister's hand, and we joined our brothers, sisters and parents on the couch. I slid in beside Mum, who let go of her youngest (at the moment, till the babies arrived) with one arm to wrap around me. Though there was plently of room on my other side or even Dad's, Madi took a seat on me, and I didn't mind; Despite the fact that she was exactily my same size being only a year younger than me.

I'm not sure how long had past, looking up at the clock told me it had been twenty minutes later. Twenty minutes of quiet, aside from the occasional sniffling. I thought silence had swallowed us whole, in our very own livingroom, till Mum spoke up. Her voice was strained, weak almost. "Samuel will be going to your Aunt Silvia and Uncle Leo's, and we'll be taking Whiggalima. Tristian is an adult, and can do as he pleases" She said, informing us of the plans ahead for our cousins. "Madison, Savina; We're going to set Whiggalima up in your girls' room-" Trying to force more words out, instead she managed to make more tears flow. Mum gave up, giving into hysteria, I could barely understand when she uttered "Why? why now? why my big brother? why my baby sister? why her husband?" Sobbing uncontrollably into Dad's shoulder again.

I know she hadn't meant to, but that was the final push the entire family needed. Tears trailed down each childs face, even my own. Aside from Mum, the only other noise that was heard throughout the whole house was Katie's soft whimpering. I had never seen Julian cry, ever. He was like Dad, in that way. But looking over, both had tears trickling down their cheeks.

A few weeks ago, my mother's older brother Adrian, had died, by a potion experiment gone terribly wrong. He had fully known the risks of his job, we all had, but that didn't prepare anyone for this. I couldn't physically express how relieved I was Samuel was going to live with Aunt Silvia and Uncle Leo; There was no way he was going to live with Step-mum #6. I don't actually know her name, but Sam numbers them. Then, last week give or take a few days, we found out that my mother's youngest sister Grace, and her husband, had been killed in a car accident. How my mother had lasted this long without breaking down, I have no clue. Lima would come live with us, I was glad to say. And as a family, we would all make it through this. Time would heal the wounds, and cherished memories would never fade.

Something Grandma Angelina and Grandpa Carl had always told us, rang through my head. Everything happens for a reason and has a purpose in live, whether we know what those are or not. Even in the sad moments, like know, it always gave me slight comfort. They would never really be gone, not really. Each of them, just like Conner, would forever be in our hearts.

Shifting my arm from around Madi, I rubbed my eyes stifling a yawn. Crying had always tired me out, oddly as that sounded. Plus, it was extremely early in the morning. Glancing over at the others, no eyes were open. Everyones breathing was normal once more, steady and soft, not shaken up. I layed back against the couch again, and soon enough I too was fast asleep.

When I woke, it must have been hours later. Both sets of twins were up, Julian keeping a hand on Katie's shoulder to keep her steady while she rubbed her eyes in a furious manner as though they were annoyingly itchy, which I have no doubt they probably were. Madi held Gabriel's hand, standing on my side waiting. For me? I wasn't sure, I was barely awake at this point. "Kids, go pack afew bags, we're going to Grandma's for awhile." Mum said, rising from the couch with a little help from her husband. I simply nodded, and led the others out of the room so we could do as we were told, and pack some overnight things.

----
That scene takes place sometime late June (Past the 20th) in 2066. In Savannah Mae's point of view.