View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 09:07 PM   #27 (permalink)
MUSTANG SALLY
Dark Force Defense League
SS 100 Triumphant
Gryffindor
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Danny Logan Edwards
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rawr
Special Ops
x1
Shipper Queen Hippie Quad

The Laughter Will Never Stop

Crap! I was running late. But what else is new? I’m always running late. Maybe it was the Mexican in me. Something George Lopez said ran across my mind at the moment. “Mexicans are always late. You want to trip somebody out? Be early.” The story of my life. I never know why I’m always late. I could get up two hours earlier and I would still be running late. I did have to do some last minute packing this morning, because come on. It’s me. Did you think I would be 100% ready the day before?

Crap! One hour before my flight. And I still had about a half an hour drive over there. I began running through the house picking up things I knew I was taking and throwing it toward the door. It was habit I had picked up probably from my mom. If I have everything by the door then I knew I wouldn’t forget it. One more thing, where was it? I had put my plane ticket in a safe place. Which, naturally, I forgot where that was. I ran back toward my room just as a fat, multicolored animal ran in front of my feet. I stumbled but didn’t fall. I did get in a few Spanish curse words in before the cat flew out of view.

Found it! I saw the plane ticket lying next to my old alarm clock. Why I chose that as a safe place, I don’t know. I closed my door and rushed toward the front door. I looked at everything lying messily on the ground and shook my head at how disorganized I could be. But then again I had everything I needed, so was I really that disorganized? I picked up all my things and rushed out the door. I loaded the car up and jumped inside.

Just as I was pulling out, I froze. My Ipod! Crap! I can’t leave it behind. But I was already running at least forty-five minutes late. I weighed my options and sighed. I re-parked the car and jumped out. Once I was inside I grabbed the black Ipod and shot back outside. This was one of my most valuable things, next to the glove my grandpa gave me, the batman watch that once belonged to my dad, and the old picture of my mom and dad when they were young. Yeah it’s just an electronic and it’s in no way as sentimental as the other items but it was a part of me. My mom made a good point about my Ipod once. She said it was like my personal diary. Nobody in the world would have all the same songs as I did. All the songs in it described me. I put my heart and soul inside this little electronic and it is one of the things in the world that could calm me down without saying one word. It could also make me dance like a moron outside a local Target. That was why I couldn’t leave it behind now. One of the most important days of my life. A day I have been looking forward to since, forever. Even when I didn’t know these three girls, I knew I would be meeting them one day. Don’t ask me how, I just knew.

I was finally on the plane, and anxiety was starting to eat me up. What if they aren’t there when I get there? What if they forgot about this whole meeting? What if some of them couldn’t come? One of them didn’t even live in the flipping country for crying out loud! Another thing was beginning to eat me up to. What if they had outgrew me? We were always random and could make each other laugh. What if the laughter stopped? I hated awkwardness more than the next person. But I never want that to happen to us. They are my best friends. They probably know more than my own friends that I see everyday. It was crazy how I could see them everyday and think nothing of it. I took it for granted. I wish the other three didn’t live so far, then I would be able to take how close they were to me for granted too.

About the nineteenth game of solitary and almost a hundred songs on my Ipod later, I felt the wheels of the plane hit the ground. I hated that feeling. It always made me hold my breath. I didn’t get up for a second, letting people start to fill out before I tried to get through too. Finally I was one of the last people still in the plane, and I stood. I took a deep breath, and slipped my Ipod into my back pocket. I then made my way out of the plane. I was beginning to grow shaky in the taxi drive to the hotel. I calmed a bit by looking at the passing cars. I always did that while I was in a car. I liked to try and guess what kind of car it was by just looking at the side of the car, or the rims of a car. It wasn’t hard for me and I was rarely wrong when it came to cars. Something that I loved.

As the taxi came to a halt, I took a deep breath. I was here. It was time. No more freaking out. There was nothing to be scared of. I knew these girls inside and out and they knew me in the same way. They were there for me and I was there for them. Our friendship would never fold, so I really had nothing to be scared of. But did find my self, hoping I wasn’t the first one there as I walked through the door.

I wasn’t. I spotted two girls standing close together giggling together, watching for the door. Watching for me. They spotted me and squealed my name. A wide smile spread across my face and all my worries vanished. I ran toward them and wrapped my arms around them trying not to cry. I knew a certain one would probably make fun of me and demand that I stop. I couldn’t help it! I was too happy.

Somehow we found ourselves sitting on one of the lobby couches, laughing and all our eyes were directed at the door. Waiting for one more. The door opened and my body twitched to jump up. But it was just an older couple. Probably on vacation. I was beginning to fret that maybe one of us couldn’t make it. Maybe our dream of all meeting together was crashing and it was perhaps just a dream. Then she walked inside. I didn’t realize we were all holding our breaths until me and the other two let out a long, excited breath, and identical smiles spread on our faces. Suddenly we were all running and embracing each other. I saw that the girl that arrived had tears streaming down her face, so I let my wall go down. I heard a groan and a mumble about “crybabies”. I couldn’t help but laugh. Which set the others laughing too.

I realized then that our laughter would never stop. How could it? These girls were more than my friends. They were apart of me. And as long as I was still laughing, they would be laughing with me too.