View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 05:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
lilly_luna
Ravenclaw
Firecrab

heart

well i got kinda bored over the weekend and continued to write even though it wasnt even validated yet so heres so more, oh and if u liked it thanks if you dont please tell me !

Chapter 2

The proposals: (flashback) 3 months before

She sat by the window curled up on the couch, waiting for a breeze or a cloud to cover the harsh sun. She had hoped to find Harry there already when she had apparated in to his living room from her own flat but instead there was a note on the table with a single red rose.

“Ginny,
Im sorry but im going to be a little bit late you know how goblins are and I had promised to talk to Ron but it might take longer then I thought, there still not talking, ill be there soon.
Love Harry x”

He unlocked his door with his key; he lived as a muggle apart from his job but was hoping to change that later this evening.

“She sat up and was about to speak before he cut her off.
“Hi Gin, what shall we do tonight? I thought about we could sit outside and enjoy the weather while it lasts or I could put the air con on and open a bottle of wine while you order pizza?”
Moving her legs round so he could sit beside her, she allowed him to put his arm around her and kiss her tantalisingly before she spoke.
“I think we should go out?”
He smiled
“Of course you do” he kissed her again and then left to get a shower. They left at Seven, it had cooled down only slightly as they walked down the street and round the corner to the muggle restaurant.
They were placed at a small table outside ordered there favourite wine and a starter. Harry looked across at her and smiled. Being very romantic he had taken her to there restaurant to ask her, the very place and table of there first date, and had planned the evening. They talked of what there days had been like, Harry dealing with disgruntled Goblins of the spells used by dark wizards to protect there vaults from entry by the aurors. Ginny, of her day at quiditch training with the Harpies and there Oliver wood like planning. Then the time came when he discreetly slipped his hand in his pocket to grasp the box with the carefully selected ring inside.

“Gin” he started. She knew this was coming from the moment they sat down at the table and quickly said “I have to go to the loo, sorry it’ll have to wait” she got up and without looking at him went into the toilets. Harry sat flabbergasted at what had just happened and felt the wind being knocked out of him just as he had been building himself up.

“Sorry I just really needed to go” Harry laughed and began again. “Ginny Molly Weasley, this is the table were we had our first proper date and I would like us to have many more dates here, I love you Gin, you’re the only girl for me” he smiled “and I would be honoured if you would marry me” she smiled lovingly at him as he knelt down in front of her and opened the ring box, it was a perfect square cut diamond on a sliver band. “Well it would be my honour to except” and she leaned over and kissed him passionately and knew she never wanted to let go.

They walked home and fell asleep in each others arms lying on the couch with the breeze blowing through the open window.

She woke up that morning enfolded in his arms, they had fallen asleep and the TV was still on. They planned over breakfast the opportune time for them to announce there news to friends and family and settled on an engagement party.

“We have to invite Pascal and Martha you work with him for goodness sake” replied Ginny, Harry had spent the morning trying to convince her not to invite his work colleagues due to there lack of association with them in the first place but she wouldn’t listen.
“I may work with Pascal but it doesn’t mean I like him or his wife!”
“They can come to the engagement party but you going to have to tell him at some point”
“And I will, but for now I have to go into work, enjoy your day off”
Throwing the crusts from his toast in the bin and downing the cup of coffee he grabbed his wand and made a pit stop at the table to kiss her for the hundredth time that morning.

Staring, smiling into her coffee cup for the next half hour she finally decided to move, took a shower, changed into his old green t-shirt and her own denim mini skirt and went for a walk. The weather had continued to hot and sticky from the day before and she sat on a bench feeling the sun on her skin and smelling his scent from the shirt.

A black smart car pulled up beside her and the driver got out walked over and they hugged.
“I got a proposal” she whispered in her ear
“Really?” she looked at her shocked
“Yes, Hermione why do you look so shocked?”
“Well I got one too…” she replied she sentence trailing into nothingness and tears forming in her large brown eyes.

Hermione had been sitting in her office discussing the new elf laws and there effect on there closest neighbours France and Germany with representatives from there ministries. They did react openly and seem to want to embrace the plans but she couldn’t shake the feeling that some one was watching her. Once the meeting was over she was heading up to the law enforcement offices when he stopped her grabbed her arm and pulled her into a nearby toilet.

“How have you been Hermione?” he started his eyes a cool grey as she smiled back “all the better seeing you Draco” He stroked her face as they both remembered there previous encounter.

They had sat in her office a two weeks ago, arguing about his family and there refusal to free or pay the three elves in the Malfoy Manor estate but when he approached the door to leave she held her wand preparing to help him go if he wasn’t going to leave peacefully. “What are you planning to do with that rob my wife of her husband? You don’t have it in you!”He walked towards her with out even taking his own wand out of his robe. “There are other ways I could do that with out my wand” she replied. He continued to walk closer a smile on his lips; she raised her wand and closed the blinds with a flick of her wrist. She began to move towards him, “what Ron doesn’t know wont hurt him and he broke up with me!” she thought. He kissed her like she had never been kissed before.

“I’ll leave her for you, I know you want me to” Draco said snapping her back into reality, “no” She replied “I … I don’t know any more “. As she broke down in tears, it’s been two weeks since then and Ron has really been trying to be nice, I… I … “she stammered “I can’t go after lust when I’ve lost love”
“Weasley doesn’t deserve you”
“And that makes you think you do, I know your wife Draco and I haven’t looked her in the eye since you have to leave me alone” Hermione snapped, tears rolling down her checks.
“you cant just go like that, I like you Hermione, I maybe married to Cecilia but it doesn’t mean I like her or she likes me it was just convenient to marry her”
“Go now and don’t come near me again!”She shouted “He left slamming the door as she slid down the wall crying “what have I done” she thought. Ten minutes later after she had cleaned up her face ignored questions from other employees asking what was wrong and walked back to her office she realised she had a visitor. “Ron!”

It had been yet another day at the office for Ron as he sat with Harry going through piles of paperwork and discussing the goblin visit when Harry brought up Hermione.
“Just talk to her mate” he started “it will be ok but you have to explain why you broke up in the first place”
“The thing is Harry I don’t know why” Ron looked at him miserably “why can’t I have what you and Ginny have”
“You will, someday you just have to work at it, even Ginny and I have are differences, which reminds me I have to go before im even more late and she does that bat bogey thing on me”
“Ok, see you tomorrow”
“Ok mate, just talk to her you’ll see” he patted Ron on the shoulder and apparated.
“Just talk to her” he repeated to himself a mantra in his head.
He got up and walked to the lift got in and some how found himself in her office but she wasn’t there”
He nearly got up to leave when he heard her. “Ron!”

“Hello Hermione, can I ask you something?”
“Of course, you can ask about me anything, what’s on your mind?”She said trying to hide the surprise, shock and terror in her voice.
‘Would you marry me?”
Lost for words she began to rely on logic “you mean hypothetically of course” he laughed “no, im being serious, would you Hermione Jean Granger marry me?”
“I can’t”
“Why not Hermione am I too poor for you, to pathetic or do you just not love me the way I love you?”
“It’s not that …I’ve been going out with...With...With someone else” she cried tears rolling down her porcelain cheeks.
“In two weeks you’ve moved on! With who, tell me Hermione, with who!?” angry tears falling from his side of the table. “You’ll never forgive me” she cried “ill have lost you forever”, “who Hermione!” he demanded “Draco Malfoy” she replied in a small voice, “Malfoy…he’s married” was his only response, she fell on her knees crying when she looked up he was standing over her looking down into those eyes he loved so much. “Please don’t tell any one, please im so sorry Ron please”
“Why?” and with that apparated from the room.

He refused to tell any one anything except that he had proposed and she had said no, whereas Hermione had confided in Ginny but refused to let her tell any one not even Harry.

Last edited by lilly_luna; 08-04-2008 at 05:18 AM. Reason: spelling mistake