View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 09:46 AM   #25 (permalink)
MUSTANG SALLY
Dark Force Defense League
SS 100 Triumphant
Gryffindor
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Danny Logan Edwards
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rawr
Special Ops
x1
Shipper Queen Hippie Quad

The Talk

The night was beginning to calm down as the kids changed into pajamas in their own rooms. The girls separated from the boys and the younger ones went with the adults. One seven year old seemed to be more distant than the rest. His chocolate brown eyes were clouded and he wouldn’t look anybody in the eye. After his clothes were neatly put away, the little boy sat down on the ground next to his bed. A silent tear fell down his face.

“Danny?” A pair of twilight blue eyes landed on the seven year old. They turned into an anxious expression, as he saw that the little boy was crying. In three quick steps James was kneeling next to Danny. A warm hand was put on the seven year olds shoulder.

“Hey dude. Is he ok?” Legend asked, coming to see if his friend was hurt. Matias followed close behind him, with concern in his eyes.

As the other kids came closer, more tears fell down Danny’s face. Danny was feeling really claustrophobic now. He wanted to tell them he was ok and to scoot back, but he couldn’t find his voice. Instead he just looked down, and inched away from the others. He wanted to be alone now. Couldn’t they see that?

Seeing the sandy haired boy shy away from the others, Jae took matters into his own hands. “He’s alrigh’. How ‘bout you two find the girls?” he said turning to the other two.

“Maybe we should tell Grandma Angelina.” Mat said nervously. He wanted to help the boy, but he didn’t know how. One of the adults would be able to help him. They were called adults for a reason after all.

“No. I’ll take care of Dan.” Jae said sternly. He didn’t want to bring the adults in this. For some reason he knew they would just make the matters worse than they were. They might even make him go home, and Jae didn’t want that at all.

“But-“ Mat began, but Legend pulled his arm.

“Come on Mat. Lets go pull a prank on the girls before we have to go to bed.” Legend said excitedly, and pulled Mat out of the room. Thankfully, Leg had pulled the door closed behind him.

Danny watched as Jae turned slowly back to face him. He hid his milky toned face behind his arms, which were resting on his knees. Taking in a deep breath, Danny tried to keep the tears from falling. It wasn’t like him to cry so much. Yeah he would blush on any given occasion, but he was never a crybaby. Something inside him just made him break down. Maybe it was because he had been keeping his tears bottled up since Benny’s accident. Or maybe it was because he was missing Benny a whole lot right now. Or maybe it was the fact that he had a really fun day today and he was feeling guilty over it. Whatever the reason may be it was making the little boy cry now.

“Dan?” the Irish brogue made, Danny look up. He always did love Jae’s accent. It was sometimes hard to understand, but it put a smile onto his face nonetheless.

Seeing that he had gotten Danny’s attention, and better yet a smile, Jae sat down next to him. He didn’t say anything, but used the sleeve of his long sleeve pajamas to wipe the tears off Danny’s face. They sat silently together, until finally Danny’s eyes were completely dry. Danny was calming down now; his breathing was normal and his head didn’t feel like exploding anymore. Now his eyes were just hurting with exhaustion.

“Ya alrigh’ now Danny?” Jae asked softly. Danny looked at Jae, and nodded. Jae smile lightly and kissed him on the forehead. “Good to ‘ere. Do ya wanna talk ‘bought it?”

Danny began playing with the hem of his shirt nervously. He did want to talk to Jae. But he didn’t know how. Talking was such a hard task to him now. For the past five months he barely said anything. He wouldn’t be surprised if he had no voice anymore. The last person he had talked to was Samantha. He remembered that night clearly. She has woken him from a nightmare that has reoccurred night after night since the accident. He opened his mouth to speak, but lost the nerve and shut it quickly. His cheeks began to burn and he looked down ashamed.

“Don’ be sad Dan. Its alrigh’ if ya don’ wanna talk. Ya don’ ‘ave to if ya don’ wanna.” Jae said and gave him a reassuring smile.

Danny looked up from his hands and felt comforted by the smile. It made him happy that Jae wasn’t mad about him not talking. It seemed like anything anybody has been doing lately has been trying to get him to talk and that it was always when he didn’t want to. His mom being the worst about it. She always tried to trick him into saying something to her, and it saddened him when he just gave her a blank stare. He didn’t blame her at all, even if she was making him see the school counselor, which he hated as much as being at school in the first place. She loved him and just wanted to know he was ok. Which he wasn’t.

He started going to the school counselor the day he wouldn’t respond to his teacher. She tried in vain to get him to answer her question, but he wouldn’t; more like couldn’t. The next day the office had requested to his mother that he go see the school counselor. Mary, his school counselor, was nice enough and even gave him an ice cream before lunch once, but she like the others wanted him to talk to her. The pressure always frightened him, and he never said a word to her. They didn’t understand by pressuring him into talking, was just getting them farther from what they wanted. It made him want to talk less, and was putting a fear in him that came with speaking.

“Wanna ‘ear about my lil’ brotha’ and sista’? They are just babes ya know.” Jae chuckled. Danny growing curious nodded his head. “Well Ronan is a lil’ lad. He likes to pull Sophie’s ‘air. She gets mad and throws a fit. Its quite a show.”

The anecdote made Danny smile. He remembered meeting Sophie. Not exactly sure where, but he remembered her nonetheless. Tilting his head slightly down then up, he waited for Jae to go on.

“Wha’ else…Oh! I went wif me cousin to one of his practices. I can’ wait till I’m out there. They were doin’ this thing where they run wif there knees high.” Jae said, sort of showing him while sitting on the ground. Danny gave an inaudible chuckle. This made Jae smile his famous smile.

Jae then looked up onto one of the bunk beds. He stood up and walked over to where Danny would sleep. Danny watched him curiously, but didn’t move. It didn’t take Jae long to get what he got up for. He came back and sat next to Danny, putting a blue-green iguana into his lap. Danny folded his legs Indian style, and let Lizzie down onto his right leg. The iguana crawled into a comfortable spot, and then began moving her eyes around slowly and curiously. The seven-year pet the lizard in smooth strokes. He loved Lizzie. She was his friend while he was home. The iguana usually didn’t do much, but fall asleep on his shoulder, but that was why he liked her. She didn’t try to get him to talk. She was just there for him, to give him support.

“She is gettin’ big.” Jae commented. Danny nodded and gave him a happy smile.

As he looked at the blue-green lizard, he began to remember how Benny used to help him with her. He would always remind him to feed her in the morning and helped him change her water. Benny use to tell him how Lizzie reminded him of Danny. She was quiet and it didn’t say much, but she was loved greatly. It always made him smile thinking about that. It gave him courage to look at Jae and say, “Benny use to like Lizzie.”

Jae didn’t jump for joy when he spoke. He didn’t even hug him excitedly. No screaming with happiness or cries of delightfulness. Instead his twilight blue eyes twinkled and he gave Danny an encouraging smile. This was ten times better than him shrieking with absolute bliss. “He use to help me clean her cage and didn’t let me forget to feed her.” Danny continued in a small voice.

Jae nodded in understanding. “Me da’ reminds me to feed Juno.” He said, referring to his pet ferret.

Danny smiled at this. The fact that he wasn’t pressuring to talk was helping him greatly. It was making talking easier for him. Talking wasn’t so hard after all. But then again, he wasn’t about to go make a speech to the minister.

“I…I miss him.” Danny said so quietly, he doubted Jae had heard him.

But Jae seemed to know what he said by just his body language. “Its natural to miss yur brotha’. I would miss Liam if he was gon’.” He said in a brotherly way. It was something Benny would’ve said.

“But Jae…It..Its…” He couldn’t finish his sentence. His head fell to his chest, and his chocolate brown eyes swam with tears again.

“Its alrigh’ Dan. I’m ‘ere for ya.” Jae said in a gentle tone. Once again the Irish brogue was working its magic. Danny lifted his head and looked at Jae once more.

“It’s my fault Benny is in the hospital. It’s my fault that he won’t wake up. It’s my fault he might not ever come home.” Danny said, a tear falling down his cheek.

“Tha’ can’ be true. Ya didn’ do anything to him. Ya wouldn’ do anything to hert him.” Jae said in a defensive tone.

Danny shook his head sadly. “Mum didn’t want me to go at first. I didn’t have a helmet. So Benny let me use his. Mum couldn’t argue with him because he was of age. Finally she let us go. Me and Sammy were wearing helmets, but Benny wasn’t. My mum always told me if you don’t wear a helmet you could get really hurt and then you would have to be in the hospital for a long time. I didn’t really think that could come true. But it did. If I hadn’t taken Benny’s helmet, he wouldn’t be in the hospital.”

Jae listened to Danny’s story, and didn’t interrupt him once. Something Danny was grateful for. If Jae had interrupted him it probably would’ve scared him into his silence again. He stayed quiet still, as he let Danny shed a few tears. When Danny finally looked back up at him, he spoke. “Dan. I don’ like seein’ ya like this. It breaks me heart.” He said with tragic eyes. “But I do need to say somethin’. This is not yer fault. Nobody can stop wha’ the future holds for them. So even if Benny did have a helmet on, it was gonna happen. I’m not sayin’ this to scare ya. I’m just tryin’ to make ya understan’ this wasn’t yer fault.”

“But he gave me his helmet. I could’ve said no.” Danny said desolately.

“If ya would ‘ave not taken his helmet, then ya would be in the hospital. Do ya wan’ Benny to feel bad every time he goes to see ya? Heck, the crash would’ve killed ya. Think of it this way. Ya didn’ put Benny in the hospital. Benny jus’ saved yer life.” Jae said, looking at Danny passionately.

Danny never thought of it that way. Everything Jae said made sense. One thing sunk in though. Benny would of gone crazy if he had known he had killed his little brother. Danny was hurting deeply, but he knew Benny would’ve taken it a lot harder than him. He missed Benny everyday, but at least he was still alive. There was no way Danny would’ve been able to survive a fall like that. Benny was strong. He was going to come back to them one day. It wasn’t a wish but a promise.

“Everythin’ happens for a reason. We may not know now why they happen, but we will.” Jae smiled.

Danny wiped his eyes then nodded. “Jae can I ask you something?” he asked slowly.

“Anythin’ mate.”

“Can you not tell anybody about our, erm, talk? I just don’t want people coming up and asking me to talk to them. I get nervous around people as it is.” Danny whispered ducking his head again, shyly.

“I won’ tell a soul. Ya talk when ya are ready.” Jae said holding up his crossed fingers in promise.

“Thanks Jae.” Danny said gratefully.

Exhaustion overtook the two little boys then. They laid their heads down on the gray carpet next to each other and let sleep over take them. They were found an hour later by Finn, who scooped Danny up first and set him on the lower bunk. He then gently shook Jae awake. Finn was strong, but there was no way he was going to be able to lift Jae up into the top bunk.

Jae got up groggily and slipped into the bottom bunk with Danny. “James, Danny is already sleepin’ there.” Finn said, poking the eight year old.

“I know.” Jae replied sleepy, and snuggled closer to Danny.

Yesh I am posting this at 2:45 in the morning!
Im just kool like that

Man Twinnie I have to give you some mad props on the way Jae talks!
Its hard!

Credit goes to Mawie for Matias!

*Legend signs his name here* -Dani (Hg_fan)

Last edited by MUSTANG SALLY; 07-27-2008 at 04:53 AM.