View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 01:38 AM   #50 (permalink)
argentinaz_angel
Hufflepuff
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuggleBornWitch3 View Post
I think maybe it would help you realize our thoughts if you had a random tag. I've been in a position of "no tags/post bit colors" before, so I can understand how both sides feel. It's hard for you to abstractly imagine what the one with tags/post bit colors have experienced, though. Once you get your first random, surprise tag, there's an excitement and accomplished feeling there that you just can't replace by knowing of the tag beforehand. In my case, it's not that I don't want a new member to have a tag or pretty colors, it's just that I wish for them to have the same excitement I (and many others) have already been through.
I like this argument, it's a very excellent point. My tags were official until a few months ago, and getting the Headz&Tailz tag was a very special thing <3 It's not a matter of people who've been on the site never getting a tag, rather, when you finally DO get that tag, doesn't it feel 10x more special?

I think an unexpected tag is more than the surprise, it's just... someone noticed you specially, and singled you out for something special. It's just, I don't think requesting a tag will do justice to the fun it is to recieve it. People want a tag because other people somehow got one, and then, getting it is not the same as earning it. Or I could be just rambling xD I honestly do love debate xDD