View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 01:26 AM   #48 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharaohMan18 View Post
Yeah... not to be rude or anything, but I noticed the people voting to keep things the same are people who already have this stuff. If a n00b wants purple side bar text, why must they wait 3 years? It's good to have things random and from what I read, they'd still stay random. If you request one tag and, what?, 5 months later a random one pops up or your color is changed, that's still fun.

I'm just saying that if you have your max tags and a color, the most you can do now is change them. If you have nothing, you might never get any.
I think maybe it would help you realize our thoughts if you had a random tag. I've been in a position of "no tags/post bit colors" before, so I can understand how both sides feel. It's hard for you to abstractly imagine what the one with tags/post bit colors have experienced, though. Once you get your first random, surprise tag, there's an excitement and accomplished feeling there that you just can't replace by knowing of the tag beforehand. In my case, it's not that I don't want a new member to have a tag or pretty colors, it's just that I wish for them to have the same excitement I (and many others) have already been through.

I think the main reason people are voting for number one is because of the tags, not because of the post bit colors (in my opinion, of course). I posted above that I really thought they should have been separated in the poll. It's not AS special and exciting (as tags) to get post bit colors.

Anyway, yes, I'm up to my limit in tags and I voted for number one...BUT, it's mainly because I wish for others to get the same element of surprise I did. I feel like I'd be cheating them out of a great experience if I didn't.