View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 12:30 AM   #21 (permalink)
Kaos.Doodles
Dark Force Defense League

SS Featured Author
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Takeru Asakura
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Legend Chosen
Magical Law Enforcement

x5 x7
★ BabyQuad ★ PERRY THE PLATYPUS ★ Ern's Fave ★ dangerous with brooms ★

Even With Out the Rocket

As the sun shone down on Lyon, France a number of kids could be seen playing outside. It was the last day before the winter weather was supposed to set in and everyone was enjoying it. Most people called it the prefect day.

Laying on the top bunk of a bunk bed in his room a young boy was eying his surroundings. His brown curls where just as messy as usual. Right beside him lay a stuffed turtle and a remote controlled airplane; the controller in his hands. “All units checked Commander Squirt?” Kovu Cadieux asked with a look to the turtle. With the nod Kovu flipped a switch on the controller. “All units are on stand by.” He said in a small voice. “Three…two…one... We have lift off!” He exclaimed he flipped another switch and the plane took off from his bed. Guiding it down toward past chairs and toys he gasped. “No the combustion chamber has hit a leek! The rocket will implode! We have to land on ….Neptune!” The boy said to the turtle. Turning the airplane it crashed onto a pillow on the ground.

“That was not our best mission Mister Squirt.” The boy said grinning. Then he sighed. “I wish I could make a real rocket.” He muttered climbing down the latter. Flying a plane was just not the same as a rocket. Remembering something he climbed back up his light brown eyes looked around to see if anyone was watching. Deciding it was clear he lifted his pillow and took out a folded piece of paper. Kovu stuffed the paper into his pocket as the door opened.

“I soo scored on you! You’re just mad because you can’t do a bicycle kick.” Bailee Cadieux called to her older brother.

“Nuhh! That wasn’t a bicycle kick you tripped and the ball went flying into the net!” Bailee’s twin brother Blaze argued.

Kovu watched his 9 year old siblings fight as he climbed back down the latter with Squirt. It wasn’t like it was new to him. They were almost always fighting, it really annoying. He hated to see people fighting. “Hey!”Kovu said in a small voice. Bailee and Blaze turned to him to say something. Kovu normal didn’t talk so when he did they had to hear what he was saying.

“….Les twins sont meilleurs que Kovu?” He said even more quietly. Even though he was born and lived in France he was much better at English (and that was saying something.)

Blaze grinned. “Well duh we know we’re at least better than you mista shorty.” He joked giving Kovu a soft punch in his arm.

“I...am….not short.” Vu muttered. He knew he was. He was 7 and yet most people thought he was 5 because of this height.

“What’s that sticking out of your pocket?” Bailee asked glancing at him. Before Kovu could do anything Blaze grabbed the paper.

“What’s this Vu?”Blaze asked grinning waving the paper in front of his younger brother’s face. Opening his mouth Vu closed it again and reached for the paper. Blaze was holding it too high so he couldn’t get it back.

“Hmm.”Blaze said unfolded the paper and his grin grew. “Hey I think you’re writing has gotten better.”He said folding back the paper and handing it back to Kovu. “But if that’s for what I think it’s for it won’t work.”

Kovu said nothing and put the paper back in his pocket. As if Bailee had picked up what her twin was talking about she shook her head. “It won’t work Vu! Parents don’t listen to kids.”

Still not talking he held Squirt tighter just as Blaze took the paper again. “It won’t work. You might as well just rip this up.” He said; and with that he tore the paper in half.

As if something had went off Kovu dropped Squirt and tackled Blaze. Punching the older boy again and again in the gut, tears of anger and sadness ran from Kovu’s face, he barley had any idea what was going on. He didn’t notice his sister trying to pull him off Blaze. He didn’t notice his brother’s screams. He didn’t notice his mom and dad enter the room. And he didn’t notice his dad’s arms wrapping around him. “That’s enough.” His dad Laken yelled the whole room suddenly growing quite. Tears still ran down Kovu’s face as his dad held him.“What’s going on?”

“I was…I was playing around…I never knew, he would get that mad.”Blaze said in a shaky voice. He would never really want to make his brother angry. He knew what his brother was capable of when he got angry.

“Playing around? It isn’t playing around if someone is going to get hurt!” Cornelia said her eyes blazing.

“But mom-"

“Ecoute! Fermer le bouche! Both of you…go watch over Natalie.” Laken yelled pointing the two out of the room. Getting off the floor Blaze followed Bailee out giving his brother an apologizing look.

Wriggling out of his fathers arms Kovu fell to the floor and walked over to where the ripped paper lay on the ground. “He…he ripped it.” Kovu muttered pointing to the paper.

“So you tired to beat up your brother because he ripped the paper?”Cornelia asked. As Kovu nodded she picked up the paper. “Repario.” Like magic the paper was back to normal. “That is never a good reason to fight Vu. No fighting ok?” Kovu nodded again and took the paper back from his mom.

“What’s that all about?” Laken asked. “Is it about….what we talked about a few days ago?” Kovu nodded and looked at the paper. “I’m gonna read it now....ok?” He said quietly. As his parents nodded he looked at the paper tried to make sense of the words. It was something he had written but it was still hard for him to read.

“There once saw – was a boy. This boy s- was very spei..speical. But not in a good way. The boy had…trou..ble reading and writing. The boy went to school far away. At school the boy would … get made fun of.” Kovu stopped and rubbed his eyes. “ But...the boy didn’t care. The boy’s par-ants told him one day that things were going to change. That the boy….would not go to the - that school any more. But the boy wanted to go. The par-ants did not know why. You see the boy had a friend. His best friend. His best friend was the grill – girl. The girl helped the boy with everything. On - no matter what. The girl was the reason the boy did not want to leave. The other kids did not matter to the boy. The girl s- was the one that mattered. She was his best friend. As… long as the boy had the girl nothing else could bother him. As long as the boy had the girl he would not be sad. The boy was…. not scared to say it. He was not…. because the boy loved the girl. She was his very best friend. Who made ever thing better.” He finished rubbing his eyes again. He had messed up a couple of words but he hoped that his parents would understand what he was saying.

Cornelia just stared at her son for a few moments then she walked out of the room. Laken grinned and picked Kovu up.

“What did that mean does that mean I get to say in school in ….umm that place with the eye?” Kovu asked as his dad lead them out of the room.

“Ireland. With Lainie?”Laken asked walking down the stairs. Kovu grinned. “Yes.”

“Well…I guess yes.”

“YES!” Kovu yelled jumping out of his fathers arms for the second time that day and landed on the step. “YES!” He yelled again. He would get to stay with the girl; his best friend, that would make everything better. Now this was the prefect day, even without the rocket.

_________

for you non French people - “….Les twins sont meilleurs que Kovu?” means "The twins are better than Kovu."

and

“Ecoute! Fermer le bouche!" means "Listen! Be quite."

{act like you know me, but you never will}__{but there's one thing that I know for sure}

{i'll show you}