View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 10:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Krysta
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Krysta Hedwig
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kye Black
Magical Creatures

Chapter Six: Happy Birthday, Harry (Part One)

How could he have forgotten his own birthday? He had spent the last week thinking that his closest friends had been alienating him and talking behind his back, and they had been planning him a birthday party. He had never felt so guilty in his life. Everything made sense now. The conversation between Mr. And Mrs. Weasley that night he eavesdropped. They had wanted him out of the house so they could plan everything, and the twins had been adamant about going to Diagon Alley yesterday for the very same reason. All the whispering and the way people had stopped talking when he came into the room, Hagrid and Hermione’s strange comments in their letters. It all made sense and he felt terrible.

When Hagrid finally put him down again he was instantly swept up by Mrs Weasley who gave him a huge Motherly hug. Ron and the twins patted him haughtily on the back and both Ginny and Hermione kissed him on the cheek sending him instantly the colour of Ginny’s hair.

Harry just couldn’t believe it. He was completely overwhelmed and all at once he felt like he was the luckiest boy alive. Even Percy was in a good mood and stood grinning away next to his girlfriend Penelope who was also having the time of her life. Bill and Charlie clapped him on the back and Lupin ruffled up Harry’s hair. Harry just stood there and let it all happen. He was in a daze. That was until…

“Speech! Speech!” yelled the twins. Everyone cheered and applauded and Harry was shaken out of his daze and into a panic. Bill pushed him forward and everyone fell silent to listen.

“Erm…” he didn’t know what to say. He looked around at everyone, and all of a sudden he decided to put emotion to words.

“I really don’t know what two say. I have never had a birthday party before.” Some people murmured in surprise.

“That’s why we did it, you idiot!” piped up by Fred and was silenced by Charlie. Harry grinned at him.

“I, err, I have the best friends in the world.” He heard sniffling coming from Mrs Weasley’s direction “I don’t really have anything to say except, well, Thank you.” Everyone burst into applause and the twins threw in a few “Whoops” and were joined by Dean and Seamus.

“Cut the cake, Harry!” yelled Mr. Weasley, passing his wife a tissue. Bill summoned a knife from the counter and passed it Harry.

“On three.” He announced. They all counted together.

“One! Two! Three!” and to a humongous applause, Harry cut his birthday cake.

The party went on for hours. Before they knew it, it was 5 o’clock and people were beginning to leave. Seamus, Dean and Neville had clubbed together to get him a huge selection of sweets and chocolate and had then helped him eat half of it. Hagrid had given him a book, of all things, about dragons, which Harry had to admit, he found quite fascinating and exciting. Lupin had given him a special stone that was supposed to glow when a Vampire was near, telling him he probably wouldn’t ever need it but they were very rare. He found it very interesting, as did Hermione who started asking him sorts of questions about it.
Mr And Mrs Weasley gave him a brand new watch to replace his broken one, which delighted him. It was very nice and made of a dark material Percy Charlie informed him was Dragon’s Amber and was formed from a rare sap found in some dragon skeletons. He was so delighted with it that Mrs Weasley started blubbering again and he hugged her, which consequently made her cry even more. Next came Charlie’s present, which was actually joint between him, Bill and Ginny. Bill had acquired a large piece of Black Star Marble, also rare and held interesting properties, from someone he knew at the bank, which Charlie had artistically carved into a perfect representation of a Hungarian Horntail Dragon. Ginny had had skilfully painted it and it looked so much like the real thing that a shiver went down his spine.

“Er, thanks.” He said, not quite sure what to say.

“It’s for inspiration and to make you feel better.” Said Charlie grinning.

“Er, ok.” Harry still wasn’t sure.

“Well, when you’re feeling down and don’t have any confidence in yourself, you can look at this, and remember how you once flew rings around one. And then you’ll feel better.” Said Ginny, shyly. He smiled at her and then admired his new gift.

“Just think of it as a trophy for winning task One of The Triwizard Tournament.” Added Bill. Harry grinned and carefully put it safely in its’ box.

Harry was completely astonished to find that Angelina, Alicia and Hagrid had clubbed together to buy him a present.

“I didn’t even know you were friends!” said Harry staring in anticipation at the heavy box wrapped in scruffy paper (clearly Hagrid had wrapped it).

“Well, we’re your friends and we really wanted to get you something to say thanks for being a great seeker.” Said Angelina.

“And we know you haven’t got one of these, but we couldn’t afford it.”

“So they came to me, see. Girls Knew we’s friends, see ‘Arry. An’ I says we’d share it.” Said Hagrid proudly.

“Come on, open it!”” said Alicia excitedly. Harry ripped away the paper and stared in awed horror at the huge wooden case inside.

“It isn’t! It can’t be!” he said completely dumb struck.

“Harry, I think I know what that is. Blimey they cost a fortune.” Said Ron excitedly. Harry slowly opened the case and whooped in delight when he saw the contents.

“Wow, it’s perfect!” exclaimed Fred.

“Cool.” Said Ron.

Inside was the most beautifully made Quidditch set Harry had ever seen: The Quaffle was brand new and shiny red, and the bludgers were unscathed and extremely energetic. The two beaters were carved superbly and polished so they shone.

“The Quaffle’s made from the hide of a Chinese Fireball.” Said Hagrid beaming with pride and excitement. “t’ain’t nothing gonna rip that baby.” Harry gaped at it.

“It’s immaculate.”

“Beautiful.” Murmured Ron.

“sob, I knew you’d like it ‘Arry, sniff.” Angelina and Alicia were clutching each other with Glee.

“I don’t know what to say.” Said Harry.

“Oh that doesn’t matter, but we expect you to get lots of practise between now and the start of term so we can thrash Slytherin.” Announced Angelina with a grin. Both girls hugged Harry and Hagrid slapped him on the back, a little too hard.

Ginny had also given him a diary, which she had made herself from the finest parchment and Mr. Weasley had cast a powerful spell on it for her so that it only revealed the contents to the owner, and no one else could read it. He had been taken a back by it and thanked her warmly.

“It’s to thank you.” She said quietly so that no one else heard. He looked questioningly at her. “For saving my life…when…Tom Riddle…You-Know-Who tricked me and used me to hurt all those people.” She looked at the floor. “This one doesn’t have the memories of a crazed psychopath hidden in it though.” She smiled slightly. He smiled back and kissed her cheek. She flushed and looked away.

“Enough smooching, there Potter. That’s my little sister you know!” Bellowed George and they both flushed a deep crimson as everyone turned and laughed. Harry noticed Ron looking at him strangely, and Harry stared back when he saw Hermione run up to Ron and whisper something in his ear, making Ron smile. Harry winked at Ron, and Ron grinned and winked back. Hermione had disappeared and when she came back she had a package in her arms. She went over to Ron and whispered to him again. Ron nodded.

“Ok, time for the most important present.” Announced Ron and Hermione stood next to him grinning. Harry was stumped.

“Harry, this is from Ron and I.” She said excitedly and handed him to neatly wrapped gift. Hermione must have wrapped it for Ron could never have done it this neatly. He was gob-smacked. They’d bought him a present together? He was too excited to dwell on it, however, and began carefully unwrapping it. It was heavy and felt hard. He pulled off the paper to reveal a beautifully polished redwood box.

“Open it, open it!” urged Ron who looked just as excited as Hermione who was clutching Ron’s arm. Harry grinned at them and unlocked the box with the key, which was sitting atop the box on a golden chain. When he opened it, just a slit, brilliant light burst from the crack and Harry squinted. When he opened the box completely he gasped in amazement and disbelief. Inside was the most beautiful thing he’d ever seen. He reached in with one hand and very carefully pulled out a shimmering and captivating Arinella.

“I-I-It’s beautiful.” He said quietly, in awe of the orbs floating around in their silver velvet curtain. The crystal bottle was tall and twisted elegantly upwards. Hermione was jumping up and down on the spot with delight.

“I knew you’d love it, Harry.”

“It’s perfect.” He answered, mesmerised.

“Hermione chose the bottle. I’m not really good at that sort of thing.” Said Ron smiling at Hermione. “The shopkeeper told us all about them, so we can teach you how to use it.” Said Ron who could barely contain his excitement. Harry continued staring into the bottle until Fred and George suddenly came into the room (no one had noticed them leaving) with a large box. Hagrid had stayed as had Lupin, but all the other Hogwarts students had left.

“Ok. Our turn!” boomed Fred across the room. Everyone turned to look at them.

“Harry, we’ve been working on our present for two weeks, so you better like it.” Said George with a huge grin that filled half his face. Harry looked at Ron for answers, but Ron shrugged in ignorance.

“Oh, dear this could be disastrous.” muttered Ginny, causing several people to chuckle.

“Ye have little faith, little sister.” Droned Fred.

“Ok, everyone outside!” ordered George, and everyone began traipsing out the back door in confusement a little nervousness, considering the twin’s past record. Harry reluctantly put the Arinella back in its redwood box and hurried out after Ron into the back garden.

The wins were standing proudly either side of their box whilst everyone was huddled together a few feet away.

“Ladies, gentlemen, werewolves and Giants…” began George and Hagrid and Lupin roared with laughter.
”…What you are about to see here tonight is the product of two weeks hard work and the genius that is my brother and I.” Fred took a little bow and Ron rolled his eyes.

“Prepare to be amazed, bedazzled and astonished.” Announced Fred.

“Friends, we give you our greatest invention to date:” Harry had to admit he was dying to know what was going to happen. They watched as George produced two litre jugs of what looked like plain water, handing one to Fred, they counted to three and poured the contents of the water straight into the box then quickly ran to join the others to watch.

“What’s happening?” whispered Ron, and Harry and Hermione shrugged. Mrs Weasley shrieked as the box lurched suddenly then became still. All of a sudden it began to shake and jump, tiny flashes of light expelled from the top, before it fell silent again. Fred looked at George.

“It didn’t wor…” his words were instantly drowned as a huge almighty explosion and a flash of light leapt out of the box and high into the air, it was followed by several others until 12 bright spheres of light hung 20 feet up in the air. Everyone stared up at them in wonderment and to their astonishment each ball of light exploded on itself releasing ever more balls of multi-coloured light which in turn exploded to produce more and more in an incredible Firework chain reaction.

It was spectacular, Ron said it was awesome and cool, and every other word he could think of. Harry stared transfixed by the incredible event taken place in the sky. The chain reaction continued for a full half an hour, when to everyone’s surprise and enjoyment the box exploded again and dozens and dozens of brilliantly coloured orbs shot into the air releasing high pitched tones and sound effects that all strung together in a melody.

“Singing Salvias!!” cried Ginny in delight “They’re my favourite!”

Finally the incredible music died down as the last one shot into the night sky. The box began to shake and jump again as a new collection of fireworks began shooting heavenwards. Each one was a different colour and exploded with a deafening hissing that sounded to Harry just like a Snake. To his astonishment he saw that the firework had exploded into thousands of sparkling stars that took the form of a great wriggling green snake. The second exploded with a mighty growling and the explosion took the form of a great silver badger. The third exploded with the sound of a mighty screeching as the stars formed into a great blue raven, and the fourth and final firework was the best of all, exploding with a deafening roar as a huge golden Lion appeared in the sky above them.

“That…” began Ron, in awe “…Was cool.”

“Yeah.” Agreed Harry also dumbstruck by the incredible display.

“That is so clever!” squealed Hermione. “I wonder how they did it.”

“It helps to be a genius.” Said Fred from behind them.

“I think that box is going to explode!” announced Hagrid and they stared at it as it hopped around shaking and twitching. To their surprise it suddenly took off and rose three feet into the air and the biggest explosion of the evening suddenly erupted from the box shooting 30 feet into the air. Thousands of multi-coloured sparks flew out of the huge ball of light, which hung in mid-air. Finally the huge orb exploded in a brilliant flash of multi-coloured light and Harry gasped in amazement as he saw the result of the explosion. The firework had formed into large glittering words of red and gold, the house colours.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARRY.”

Everyone began to clap and cheer, including Harry who was receiving slaps on the back from Fred and George.

“That was so cool. Thanks.” Harry laughed at them and they grinned.

“I believe mission is accomplished.” Announced George.

“And the best thing is, we can probably sell them at a retail price of 10 galleons.” Said George in a serious voice, which was replied with a punch from Ginny and groans from the others.

“You’ll do no such thing!” cried Mrs. Weasley is despair, but Mr. Weasley took her arm with a grin and lead her inside.

Last edited by Krysta; 05-15-2008 at 10:53 AM.