View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 07:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
EmmaRiddle

Slytherin
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Marcella Riddle
Graduated
Kaplinski Rival Sorting Hat Machine

I don't think shooting is going to be completed in just 12 months, that's a bit ambitious considering their normal schedule is about 11.

Quote:
So these films will be the same length as the ones that came before? We won’t see two films that clock in under two hours?

No. The idea is to get everything people want in there. I’m sure there’ll be parts that don’t make it, which we won’t know until the script is written. But that is the idea.
See, things will still be cut. The films aren't going to be a carbon copy of the book (which is actually good, imo).

Quote:
Have you got anything you’re most looking forward to putting on film? The final battle, maybe?

Well, the final battle, but there’s so much. I love the character stuff. I love the resolution of Dumbledore and Snape. I love the multiple Harries at the beginning. I love the scene of Hermione trapped at the Malfoys’. I love Harry and Hermione in the forest. I think there’s so much, it’s such a rich fabric. What we’ve done now, which I think is really exciting, is that we’ve found thematic centres for each of the films. That gives the film heart. I think it’s pretty great that David Yates has crystalised it and…it’s early days still, so I’m not going to say too much. But I’m just thrilled that David Yates decided to come back, because he’s really found a new spirit for the sixth film and as we talk about seven, it’s very different as well. I think it’s going to be good.
I do <3 how passionate these guys are about the films.
EmmaRiddle is offline   Reply With Quote