View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 03:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
MUSTANG SALLY
Dark Force Defense League
SS 100 Triumphant
Gryffindor
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Danny Logan Edwards
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rawr
Special Ops
x1
Shipper Queen Hippie Quad

Ok here is my first ficlet
This takes place when Benjamin is fifteen. Benjamin is one of my charracters that used to be married to Emmylyne Mae-Sauders who is Gracie Grace's main charracters (Savannah) sister.

If I lost anybody in the explaination sorry!

Credit: D.A Forever (Gracie Grace) for Emmylyne. It is her charracter

A bad Memory

Only one thing would bring Benjamin Lawley into the kitchen on a cold, rainy day like this, and that was his stomach. Looking in the fridge, he saw some cheese and butter. Deciding on a grilled cheese sandwich to satisfy his hunger, he grabbed the bread.

“Hey Jen, you want a grilled cheese?” he called into the living room where he knew the thirteen was sitting, reading a book.

“No. I’m fine.” His younger sister called back.

Ben shrugged as if to say “more for me!” and set off to work. Five minutes later, he was sitting at the table digging into his plate. The drumming of raindrops, hit the window, as the weather outside grew worse. The house was silent and was making the fifteen year old restless. Checking his watch, he saw that it was already nine o’clock. His head began to wander off as he finished up his sandwich.

The opening and slamming of the front door brought Benjamin back to the reality. If that was his father, he had come home early. He usually didn’t roam in until after midnight. He must have run out of money at the bar.

Distinct shouting confirmed his believes that he was home. Ben got up from the wooden chair and walked into the living room, where his no good father was having another go at Jenny.

“I thought I told you to clean this place up!” he shouted.

“I did. You don’t have to yell.” Jenny said quietly.

“Don’t tell me what to do young lady! All you do is read in this house. Why don’t you get a life!” his father shouted at her.

“I do have a life. I just enjoy reading too.” Jenny said quietly still. She flinched as he took her book and threw it across the room.

“Reading isn’t fun! It’s for know-it-all prissys! No daughter of mine is going to be a prissy. Now get up.” He said and forcibly pulled her up from her seat.

“Hey!” Benjamin yelled and rushed forward. “Leave her alone!”

“Stay out of this Ben. I need to teach your prissy sister a lesson.” He said. Benjamin could smell the heavy liquor on his breath.

“I’m not prissy just because I read. You’re just mad because you have trouble reading!” Jenny spoke up. She then froze to her spot, fear in her eyes. Jenny never talked back to him before. She has always been afraid of him.

Their father’s eyes shut to tiny slits. An evil look crossed his face and he lifted his hand to her face. But before his hand could make contact, Benjamin caught his wrist. Jenny’s eyes widened as her older brother used all the force he had in him, to push away their dad. The old man swaggered and hit the floor with a loud thud. Having his hands wave frantically on his way down, made the bookshelf they made contact with fall down onto him. Books now littered the ground as flames erupted in his eyes.

“What is going on?” Jodie Lawley, the oldest of the siblings, asked as she entered the living room.

“I want him out! OUT!” His father screeched.

“Dad?” Jodie asked tentatively, looking at her father on the ground.

Benjamin ignored him and walked over to Jenny. “Are you ok?”

“I’m fine. Thanks Benji.” She said, tears coating her hazel eyes. Jodie walked over to the younger girl and wrapped her in a hug in a motherly way.

Their father then shot up. “Oh don’t you feel bloody brilliant? You think protecting your sister makes you a man? Well it doesn’t!”

“I’m more of a man than you are!” Ben shouted back.

His father did nothing but laughed cruelly. The cold laughter sent chills down Benjamin’s back, angering him even more.

“Stop!” Benji shouted.

He stopped laughing but still held a smirk on his face. “Whats the matter boy? Don’t like your old man speaking the truth?”

“It doesn’t hurt me because I know I am a man!”

“That’s what you think. I think you have been reading to many of your prissy sister’s fantasy stories.”

“Don’t-call-her-that-again!” Benjamin said through gritted teeth.

He did nothing again but began the cruel laughter. Ben’s hand was itching to reach in his pocket and curse the day lights out of him. His fists were clenched so tight that his knuckles were turning white. The veins on his arm were shooting out, as his anger kept boiling. He took a step toward his father, but stopped hearing Jodie’s soothing voice.

“Benji. Don’t. He isn’t worth it.”

Benjamin turned to his sisters. Jenny’s head was lying across Jodie’s chest, fear still coating her tearstained face. Jodie was looking into Benjamin’s chocolate colored eyes, with her sorrowful ones. Slowly, Ben nodded and stormed out the house. There was no way in hell he was going to stay the night there.

After walking in the pouring rain for almost forty-five minutes, Benjamin found himself soaked to the bone on a familiar doorstep. The house itself brought warmth in his heart, and calmed his throbbing head. He loved this house like it was his own. It pretty much was, since he was young.

Knocking twice, he waited for the door to open. His curly brown hair was glued to the side of his head as the rain kept pounding down. Every inch of him was wet. Finally the door slid open and a girl around his age answered it.

“Benji?” Emmylyne Mae-Sauders asked softly, her earth-toned eyes full with concern.

“Can I stay here tonight?” he asked slowly.

“Of course. You’re soaking wet! Grandma Angelina won’t mind, I’m sure. Come in.” she said and held open the door.

“Thank you.” Benjamin said and shut the door behind him; leaving the bad memory in the rain.

Last edited by MUSTANG SALLY; 03-26-2008 at 03:38 AM.