View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 03:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Phoenix 8390
Gryffindor
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander James Wright
First Year
Elder Quad

Hello dears! Quad number one here with my ficlet! All of the characters mentioned are mine and made up by me except for Savannah who belongs to Gracie.

Stalker
Dustin Phoenix is the younger brother of my school RPG character Valencia, fyi

After the anxiety of the day’s events, Dustin Phoenix walked to his cousin’s backyard, of whom he was staying with for one month over the summer. A guitar was slung over his shoulder as he sat in the middle of the very large field. He could hardly believe that his cousin, Finnegan, owned all of this land. Then again, he was in the beautiful country of Ireland which was much different than where he lived with his brother, sister, and sisters-in-law: Spain.

The young man had recently turned fifteen and was beginning to show signs of early manhood. His sister, Valencia, had noticed that he was starting the makings of a beard. She, of course, thought it was funny, along with his other sister, Savannah, who had erupted into a fit of giggles. He was proud of that fact because it meant he was becoming much more like his oldest brother, Axel, who just happened to be one of the most influential people in his life.
Pulling his guitar to his front and balancing it on his knee, Dusty proceeded to play an Irish song he had learned that day from one of the town locals. Boy, Irish people were friendly. He would know, he was half Irish. And then again, sometimes Irish people were a bit too friendly. For example, a few days ago he had met a lovely girl, Elizabeth. He had liked her quite a lot, but then she began to talk to him too much. Not in a stalker-ish way, but more of an annoying way, at least to Dusty. His sisters, of course, made fun of him, but what else was new?

Speak of the devil. Turning his head sharply in the direction of the sunset after hearing a noise, there was Elizabeth. She was walking about a mile a minute and there was no way she hadn’t seen him. Damn! He cursed himself and his music-making. Why did I have to come out here now? Before he could even greet her, she flopped down next to him on the grass and gave him a hug. “Erm…hello Liz.” Did she even like being called that? How was he supposed to know? He had met her not even a week ago! Yes, she probably had good intentions, but he was not ready for this. He was that interested in girls yet. For Christ’s sake he had just turned fifteen!

“Whatcha doin’?” she asked, her thick Irish brogue reminded him greatly of his cousins, but in an annoying way. “Um..just playin’ a bit of guitar. Why are you here?” Oh that wasn’t meant to be so nasty! Be nice! Clearly, she paid no attention to his tone because all she did was smile, which Dusty was grateful for. She then launched into a whole conversation about how they should hang out every day until he had to go back to Spain. He probably comprehended about half of what she was saying, which was rude, but he could hardly keep up with her! I hate girls. I’m never getting married.

On hearing the familiar voice of Elissa, his cousin’s wife, Dusty popped up, much to Elizabeth’s displeasure. “Erm..sorry. Dinner time, you know. See you tomorrow.” God I hope not. She, of course, was able to get one last hug in before he sprinted off back into the house. He didn’t even look back to see where she went. He left her in the dust. Thank the lord.

As soon as he walked in, Valencia pounced on him. “What the hell?!” Dusty glared at her, but he couldn’t help but be intrigued by the look on her face. “I’ve a letter for you. It’s from Elizabeth,” she said in a sing-song voice as Savannah giggled uncontrollably in the background. His chocolate brown eyes went wide as they landed on the envelope clutched in his older sister’s hand. “If you read that…I swear to-“ she cut him off, and quite abruptly. “We’d never! We found it on the doorstep just a few minutes ago when we came back from the store with Eli,” Vee assured him. Savannah was still laughing at the kitchen table. “Shut up,” he snapped as he grabbed the letter and tore it open.

“You’re the one with the stalker, not me,” Savannah reminded him as her ocean blue eyes lingered on Valencia. The two then began laughing once more, and Dusty left them behind. He trudged up to his guest room, placing his guitar on its stand, and collapsing on his bed. He read the letter a few times, only because he couldn’t believe that she had actually written that piece of crap. It was merely girly stuff, telling him that she wanted to spend as much time with him as possible before he left. She was being redundant. She had told him that, what? Two minutes ago? He rolled his eyes and threw the letter onto his side table.

He closed his eyes and ran his fingers through his curly black hair as he tried to comprehend the weirdness he had just read. Now to come up with a plan of how to avoid her for the rest of the time I’m here. He glanced at the calendar and groaned. Yeah, good luck. Three weeks left. She’ll be attached to my hip. I’ll need to get her surgically removed.