View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 03:04 AM   #119 (permalink)
MalfoyzBeloved
Slytherin
Puffskein

bleh, sorry for not updating. I just wait a few days to see if any new peeps comment but when I remember I finally should update it's a week or two later
Anyways yeah, finals are coming up and then next semester is on Feb. 1st and I have the most insane schedule ever (I'm meeting up with people that want to take out the person that decided to make the schedules so horribly).
So soon it MIGHT be longer waits. Pathetic tho because I have this story done... months ago. I just post now. It might be that way for the sequel depending on when that gets up.

Yeah, sorry for not updating in forever

P.S: I have yet another story idea so you MIGHT see that one up eventually. It'll be called All You Wanted, obviously Sa16+ (song by Michelle Branch... old song, played on the radio in like, 2001 but it's perfect for this Draco/OC, purely that and no trio in it as main characters and whatnot, idea I had)

Here's the update long overdue (so much for having this one up by Christmas...). It's split in half cause it's so long

Chapter 16
Is Harry Catching On?

Over the next few days, a nagging sensation of yearning hung with me. I kept seeing Draco in my daydreams, his sweet scent mixed with the smell of... either deodorant or cologne, I hadn’t bothered to ask, was overpowering. He was chasing me, which felt very out of place to me. It was then that he would disappear, and it was then that I would go back and find him dead, Cody lingering over his body.

“I’m all you have now.”

“Harry...”

Cody gave me a look that explained everything.

“No...”

“I told you I’d do anything to have you.”

Then he would advance, and just he would reach out to grab me, I would come back to reality. I knew I couldn’t ever sleep... but I never though I could daydream, in all honestly.

The dreaded day came quicker than I ever imagined; Christmas Day. The present exchanging was fun, but when dinner came, I didn’t have much of a lie ready. I did have a plan though...

“Gather around everyone! The turkey’s been cooking all day and I’ve been stuck and left alone in here.” Mrs. Weasley glared at Ron, Ginny, and Charlie, who looked away from their mother, attempting to chat to make it appear as if they hadn’t heard. “So enjoy!”

She summoned the turkey and it was made the centerpiece of the table. The turkey, stuffing, vegetables, cranberry jelly, potatoes... so much food to go around. I never would’ve imagined it would be possible for the Weasleys to do such an elaborate dinner, it was clear they couldn’t afford much (and they made that clear to me too). Politely, I did put food on my plate, but only tiny bits. My plate was stacked full of food by the time everything went around. I watched everyone eat and chat happily amongst each other. All I did was join in conversation, keeping my plate in front of me as a prop.

“Deanne, dear, aren’t you hungry?” Mrs. Weasley asked when she noticed my plate was still full compared to the others.

“Not really,” I responded.

“Have you tried it?”

“It smells delicious,” I said, lying completely. I never liked the smell of anything cooked. “But I’m just not hungry tonight.”

“You haven’t tried anything,” Tonks inputted. I looked at her, and then Lupin, who sat next to her. He was a good actor, I had to admit; he looked just as surprised as everyone else did at this sudden scene.

“Neither has Bill,” I said suddenly, remembering he was still sitting at the table, his plate perfectly clean.

“Ee got too full on zee meat,” Fleur said, defending her husband.

“What meat?” I asked, trying to appear surprised. I succeeded clearly enough.
“Ee dooze not like ze ‘normal’ meat, and I don’t blame eem, zis turkey ees so dry compared to...”

“He has an acquired taste for rare meat,” Mr. Weasley said loudly before Fleur could finish.

“What kind of meat?” I asked him, looking down the table at the scarred face of Bill Weasley.

“Dragon meat is really good, especially with some...”

“He likes the expensive kinds,” Mrs. Weasley cut in after she finished the last of the food on her plate.

“Blood?” I finished. People still eating stopped, and Mrs. Weasley looked at me with an angry flame in her eyes. I was curious about Bill’s choice in meat; he had pretty good taste so far.

“Yeah.”

“Do you like the blood on every meat, or just...?”

“That new garden looks beautiful! I was looking for the gnome that tipped the tree by the fence behind the house and I noticed the flowers. Love the colours, Molly,” Mr. Weasley said suddenly. I got the idea and shut up for as long as I could.

“Thank you, finally someone takes notice.”

“I noticed,” Tonks piped up. “I just know how you can be about things being made public within the house.” She then got up.

“Where’re you going?” Mrs. Weasley asked worriedly.

“Just going to get another cup of tea. This one’s gone cold on me before I could drink it. And I’m full, so I may as well put the plate away while I’m at it.”
Mrs. Weasley’s face was on the brink of terrified as Tonks walked away with the china tea cup and her empty matching china plate. It was a disaster waiting to happen. Sudden clattering got Mrs. Weasley up and out of the room so fast, she was gone before anyone could blink.

“I’m so sorry!” we heard Tonks say loudly from the kitchen. “I thought you pulled them out of this cabinet...”

“I pulled the wine cups out of there!”

A horrified expression overcame Mr. Weasley’s face when he realized Molly was talking about the crystal wine glasses at the top corner of the place-mat. He left as quickly as his wife did moments before.

“Hey Ron, want another helping?”

My plate was already gone from in front of me before I finished my sentence. I looked to the red-head next to me and saw him stuffing his face entirely; his mouth had a ring of mashed potatoes and gravy around it.

“You have teeth, don't you?" I asked flatly.

Ron rolled his eyes and kept swallowing and sucking in food. To everyone’s shock, he never gagged or choked once.

Siggy from Lissy and Anna's Shop of Super Frazzling Graphics