View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 10:09 AM   #106 (permalink)
MalfoyzBeloved
Slytherin
Puffskein

Ok, things get more interesting
This'll make more sense with the next chapter or two as well. Lupin is kinda O.O.C, I'm aware.

FLASHBACK TIME! (just felt like adding that). After this flashback, chapters after this will have more information that involve flashbacks also... so this is the start.

Enjoy xD

Chapter 14
An Awkward Re-acquaintance

The next day, I rode the train with Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny. After the day-long ride, which was oddly enough both boring yet interesting, we finally made it to King’s Cross Station. We were greeted by two people I confidently assumed were the Weasley parents. Around them were some other people I hadn’t a clue who they were. One I did know, though, was the Auror Mad-Eye Moody. His ‘mad eye’ flicked around everywhere, and then fell on me. I tried not to recoil. Next to the auror was a young woman with short, bubble gum pink hair. There were two others behind them, but I couldn’t see who they were.

“You’ve grown again!” Mrs. Weasley exclaimed first thing. She hurried over to Ron and pulled him into a tight hug.

“Mum... choking...” Ron gasped for breath, and his mother let go. She hugged Ginny, but not as hard.

I heard him mutter, “Yeah, you don’t try to kill her. How sexist...”

Everyone became acquainted with everyone else and looked at me.

“We’ve heard all about you from Ronald,” Mrs. Weasley said with a smile. “Deanne Lyon?”

I nodded. She took me by surprise by pulling me into a hug. I felt her flinch against my icy skin, and freed me moments later.

“Did you hang off the edge of the train?” she joked. “I was surprised the snow wasn’t coming down in icicles, it’s so cold out there!”

I quickly became acquainted with the others. As soon as I was, we were led through the Station quickly and into a bunch of cars. They drove us, swerving every which way at high speeds, until we were out in the middle of nowhere. It was then that we started flying to our destination. It felt like short moments that we were up high until we finally landed on the ground outside of a tall, teetering building with a pig’s pen.

“The Burrow,” Harry whispered into my ear before it could be said. “Home for the next two weeks.”

“Hermione’s coming here on the 28th,” Ron added. “So you won’t be stuck with Ginny the entire time.”

“Oi!” Ginny exclaimed from the front seat.

“You stole my seat; you get what you deserve,” Ron retorted indignantly.

“You can’t run worth your life!” Ginny countered. “If you got here faster, you would’ve got it. Besides, you could’ve Apparated, but you were stupid enough to forget.”

“That’s not new, is it?” Harry added, smiling. Ron leaned forward to give Harry a cold glare. He merely smiled back innocently.

“So... does everyone stay here? Like the rest of the Order...”

“For the day, sometimes overnight but that’s rare,” Harry responded as he opened the door. I followed him out his side.

“So who else is there?”

“Well there’s... well you’ll see them.” Harry said as I followed him to the door. He opened it and let me pass through first, and then he followed. The kitchen was packed with people, half I knew and the others I didn’t. Within moments, everyone was silent.

A smell suddenly hit my nose. I could recognize it from anywhere; it was the strong scent of a dog... a werewolf. Why didn’t they tell me someone in the Order was a werewolf? It’s not something you would normally keep secret if you’re going to visit one, that’s for sure. I scanned the group of people, trying to locate the smell, all the while smiling warily.

“Hello,” Harry said, still by my side.

A chorus of ‘how was your semester?’ and ‘how’s McGonagall handling Hogwarts?’ questions hit us like wildfire.

“And who’re you?”

I looked up and saw a man with dark hair, highlighted with grey step forward slightly. His dark eyes seemed weary, making him appear much older than he was really was. His voice was rather quiet, not as hard or assertive as the others’.

“Deanne... Lyon,” I responded, stuttering momentarily. There was something about him...

“You didn’t read any of the letters, Remus? For goodness sake, they were left on the table for a reason!” Mrs. Weasley exclaimed.

“I figured they were private,” ‘Remus’ responded. He turned back to me and said. “Lupin works to.”

I breathed in again. The scent was stronger. He held out a hand, and trying to hide wariness, I shook it. He didn’t flinch like the others had.

“Cold outside, isn’t it?” he commented casually.

I shrugged in response, and subtly itched the side of my forehead. As I brought my hand up, I inhaled and nearly gagged – it smelled like a dirty, wild dog. Memories began to come back...

Snarling encased the screaming around me. As much as I wanted to kill the creature, I withheld, waiting for it to attack me. His black eyes were hard on me, teeth bared. His body was rigid, as if ready to pounce in the way a vampire would on their prey. As I tried to back away, he kept moving forward, seemingly determined to not let me leave. What’s his problem; it’s not like I meant to come here.

He pounced.

The battle was a blur... even if it only lasted two seconds. He managed to scratch me up with his claws, but someone pulled him off of me and threw him towards the nearest tree. The werewolf, Lupin, howled in pain and scampered off. Looking up, I saw who my saviour was.

That damned Cody.

The awkward silence grew. I couldn’t take the silence, or the scent.

“So... where am I staying exactly?” I asked.

As soon as I spoke, Harry and Ron thankfully summoned my things and led me up the steep, winding stairs. By the time we made it up, the two were panting for breath. They realized I wasn’t and looked at me, amazed.

“What...?” I asked warily.

“That... climb and... you aren’t tired...?” Ron panted. “You’re... insane.”

I smiled. I bit back my response and instead said, “Which room?”

Harry summoned my things once more and they brought me to a room down the left-hand hall and into the second door.

“Here you are,” Ron said, now breathing deeply. “Remember, three landings, left on the 4th, second door. Ginny is directly across from you, and I’m four doors down from her.”

“And I’m on a spare bed in Ron’s room,” Harry added, seeming to have caught his breath.

“When Hermione arrives she’ll either share a room with you or Gin. Depends on room...”

“I’d suggest Ginny, I never sleep anyways,” I responded. “Depends on how much space you need though. Who else is staying?”

“Bill and Phl... Fleur,” Ron corrected, shivering at the name. “Maybe Charlie...”

“No bets on Pe...”

“Never speak his name,” Ron growled, taking Harry aback. “Saying that name is just as bad as saying You-Know-Who’s name under this roof nowadays. I’ve referred to him as You-Know-Damn-Well-Who, but mum nearly beat me to death when she heard that.”

“You wonder why?” I asked, starting to laugh.

“Yeah, who’d want to have a son being compared to Volde...?”

Ron’s angry glare shut Harry up. I looked at him, surprised. Only one other dared to speak the Dark Lord’s name, and he was dead. What made Harry so bold as to say His name?

“Yeah,” Harry said instead. He then turned to me and said, “Well... yeah, unpack.” He then pulled Ron out of the room, and I listened to them walk across the hall.

Siggy from Lissy and Anna's Shop of Super Frazzling Graphics

Last edited by MalfoyzBeloved; 12-30-2007 at 10:10 AM.