View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 01:38 AM   #81 (permalink)
MalfoyzBeloved
Slytherin
Puffskein

ok I'm bored... and since no one else is commenting again I'm posting.
The title... I couldn't think of anything. 'Nough said

Chapter 11
Everyone Around the Bed

“She’s moving...”

“Give her breathing room for Merlin’s sake!”

“You’re one to talk, Mr. One-inch-from-her-face!”

“Shut up.”

“What’re you even doing here, Malfoy?”

I groaned and heard movement. As my eyes opened, my head pounding as it was being hit by thousands of boulders. It took barely a moment for the sensation to go away, as if it was just a momentary headache.

“You ok?”

I looked to my left and saw Harry, Ron, Hermione... what was Draco doing here? Honestly, that boy...

“Yeah. What happened?” I asked as I rubbed my forehead. It felt as if it was swollen as big as a basketball, but it was receding quickly. I then realized I had actually had my eyes closed without faking. Man, I must’ve really jostled my brain around.

“You ran right into the wall,” Harry responded.

“And you flew back and landed on the floor... rather amusing if you think about it actually. You must’ve gone back at least 10 feet!” Ron added. Hermione whacked him over the head.

“That was some mighty escape attempt, I must say,” she said, smiling. “But that run-in... Merlin, you’d think there’d at least be a dent in the wall with the force you ran into it at!”

“Wasn’t there?” I asked flatly. When the four of them looked at me oddly, I added, “It felt like it absorbed me and shot me back, that’s all.”

“No, nothing. No dent or fallen bricks... no wait, there was a bit of an indentation... no wait, that was just a scratch or a body outline at the time. Whatever, apparently there was something but I didn’t see anything,” Hermione replied, shrugging simply.

I couldn’t help but be a bit surprised, but I hid it well.

“And this would’ve have happened if you let her go,” Draco snapped.

“Don’t go there again!” Hermione snapped back, glaring at him.

“You’ve always badgered me about telling the truth, but now that I am...”

“Shut up,” I cut in. “I feel fine, honestly. Get out of the way.”

“You just hit a stone wall and you’ve never felt better?” Ron asked, flabbergasted.

“Yes, actually.” I sat up and swung my legs over the side of the bed. I then stood up, wobbled on the spot momentarily, but the stretched. I looked at the four in front of me; they were gapping as if they’d just seen me come back from the dead.

“Ms. Lyon! Get back in that bed this instant!” Madam Pomfrey exclaimed as she practically ran across the room.

“I feel fine,” I responded, shrugging.

“You just ran into a stone wall. There’s no way you could feel rejuvenated.”
I just shrugged in response. “Well I do.”

Madam Pomfrey sighed, and then huffed “You can go, but if you feel like... you ran into a wall, come back immediately.”

“I will,” I responded, adding a smile to calm the woman. It seemed to do the trick, and she walked away.

“Well, if you don’t mind I’m going to go get my...”

“Books so you can stick your nose back in them?” Draco finished. In the blink of an eye, Hermione’s wand was out and jabbed into his chest.

“Shut up and go,” she snarled. He smirked, and she raised her wand so it was at his throat, a rather considerable reach for her because he had to be at least 6 feet tall in comparison to her 5 foot 5 stature. He rolled his eyes and walked away. As soon as the door swung shut, Hermione spun around and looked at me.

“Do you honestly hang around him?” she asked me, sounding shocked.

“Not like I have much choice, he is my Potions partner, remember?”

“That’s in one class out of 6! There are no projects you have to do together,” Hermione pointed out. I looked at Harry and Ron, who were muttering to each other. They looked at me.

“What?” they asked simultaneously.

“Don’t you have anything to say?” I asked curiously.

“As soon as you said ‘Potions’ I zoned out,” Ron responded, shrugging. Harry nodded in agreement.

“You two are hopeless,” I muttered.

“You sound just like Mione!” Ron exclaimed. Hermione got up on her tip-toes and hit him over the head again. She then huffed away, slamming the door shut.

“What’d I say...?” Ron grumbled as he rubbed his twice hit head.

Harry rolled his eyes and then looked at me, asking, “Why do you hang around the ferret?”

“He’s interesting enough,” I responded simply. Harry and Ron scoffed simultaneously.

“He’s not all that bad anyways.”

Before I even finished, Ron had left the conversation. He slammed the door, accenting my comment dramatically.

“That’s just like saying that vampire isn’t that bad,” Harry muttered. I glared at him.

“Never compare Cody to Draco!” I yelled. I then walked away, using all my self-control to resist killing Harry myself.

“Wha... they’re both evil!”

“No they’re not!” I yelled back. I then slammed the hospital wing door and stormed away. As I turned the corner, a hand grabbed my arm. I jumped out of the grip, knowing it was Draco without even needing to look.

“What’d Potter say?” he asked automatically.

“Nothing.”

He gave me a skeptical look.

“Nothing you need to know,” I rephrased. I then started to walk away, but was stopped once more.

“I’m not deaf – I heard what you said. Well, screamed more so, but...”

I yanked away from Draco. Without even looking back, I said, “Not now.” Pulling out of his grip, I walked away, heading for the Great Hall.

Siggy from Lissy and Anna's Shop of Super Frazzling Graphics

Last edited by MalfoyzBeloved; 12-04-2007 at 02:43 AM. Reason: one extra space I forgot