View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 02:18 AM   #60 (permalink)
MalfoyzBeloved
Slytherin
Puffskein

Well I’m not going to title it ‘My Story’ Sounds better this way.
Enjoy.
P.S: When Harry said ‘I want to tell you something’, it was more of a... well he wasn’t entirely true. He didn’t want to say ‘we need to talk’ in front of Cody basically. Just so you guys know. They still talk of course, but it’s not Harry wanting to tell her something, more... wanting to know something
P.P.S: Ha, been awhile since I've done this (the P.P.S business), but another thing relating to the chapter. When Deanne's all '"...until one night." I shivered at the memory', it's never truly explained what happened until the sequel. I actually had to change that paragraph before posting so it'd fit what I did in the sequel just hours ago. So don't ask what happened, cause it's not even in future chapters of this story

Chapter 9
Deanne’s Story

I managed to make it back to the common room just as the hour hand hit 10pm. I walked as swiftly as possible, trying not to make too much noise.

“Dee?”

“Don’t call me that,” I snarled automatically. I spun to face the source of the noise and saw Harry leaning against the wall next to the fireplace. He was looking back at me, chuckling. Within moments, he became quiet and his expression became curious.

“How do you know him?”

It took me a mere moment to realize Harry was asking me about Cody.

“Not like I had much choice,” I muttered and looked down from Harry’s curious gaze and at the couch that stood close. Harry still heard my comment, though.

“What do you mean?”

I looked back up and said, “It’s a long story.”

“Unless you’re tired...”

I’m never tired.

“Well, no but...”

“Then we have time,” Harry cut in, smiling innocently. I was surprised at how captivating it was... almost like Cody’s. The close similarity slightly scared me.

“Sit down then,” I said, smiling back.

I could see emotion deep within his eyes, but I couldn’t place it. He did as I said, taking a seat on the soft chair next to the couch, and I sat half on the couch in the seat closest to him, half in the middle seat.

“What do you want to know?” I asked flatly.

“How do you know him?” Harry repeated.

Sighing, I figured where I should start my story, and what I should leave out.

“Ok, look, I’ve been to 3 different schools. I knew Cody since before then, but I didn’t know... who he was for awhile. I met him when I was nearly 14, first as friends. After a few weeks, things changed into a deeper relationship, but I didn’t know he was a vampire until one night...” I shivered at the memory, unable to continue.

“But don’t vampires...” Harry started to cut in.

“Stay the same age once they become a vampire? Not necessarily, they do age; otherwise there wouldn’t be old, grey-haired vampires around. They age at a very slow rate, but age none the less.”

“So how old was the vamp when that happened?”

“The same age he looks now.”

“17? Seriously?”

“Yeah.”

“How old is he really?”

“Uh... now or back then?”

“Now,” Harry responded as if it was obvious. I rolled my eyes.

“He’s like, probably 90 by now. Not that old for a vampire; in his old coven his ‘father’ was 450 years old.”

Harry gapped.

“Anyways, do you know how vampires pick the ones they love?”

Harry shook his head.

“There will always be one person in the world at one point that has blood that smells much sweeter, a scent that’s more entrancing than the others. Half the time, vampires either accidentally kill the ones they love because they can’t control themselves in a certain situation, or they just bite them and their love becomes a vampire. All the rules...” I left my sentence hanging.

“Huh,” Harry said, sounding interested. “Anyways, your story?”

“Oh yeah. Anyways, so I was going to school and he wasn’t, so he’d often sneak into the grounds or live in the woods with creatures, something he obviously didn’t mind. Back then, he chose to live off of animals, not humans. He had more self-control that was constantly being perfected. He wanted to be like his father, a vampire that’s become a doctor and can handle a fair bit of blood without loosing control.”

“Did that change?” Harry asked suddenly. I gave him a warning look, and he was quiet.

“Something happened between us, and I ran. I couldn’t take being around him, so I... fled the country. It was always something he told me to do; ‘I’m too dangerous’, ‘too unpredictable’, etcetera. My parents and I got a home out there, but when I was at school, he just found me one day a few months later. He changed... he left his coven, and a coven is a group of vampires,” I explained before Harry could ask and interrupt me again. “And his... taste changed. He was no longer a ‘vegetarian’, an inside joke he shared with his family because of their meal choice. He became... evil. He then messed up so bad, I had to leave school for a short while and push him away. When I felt ready, I went back, but he kept finding me and when we’d have a big fight, he’d tell people what happened.”

“What happened?”

“I can’t tell you,” I responded softly. Harry sighed, but didn’t push it thankfully.

“What happened next?”

“I kept switching schools; he pushed me across the continent as a result. I started in Switzerland with schooling, met him there... then I ran to France. After my family moved there and I started school, he found me; we had a fight, told my secret, family moved with me again to Spain. Same thing happened, and I went to Scotland. I survived two years there before anything happened, and now I’m here.

“Through it all, he’s managed to find me. It’s not like my family and I left any hints of where we were going; we’d just leave through Apparition, yet he’d find me. He never seemed to get that I want to be away from him. I mean, I’d leave for a few days at a time before ever leaving in the first place, and he always said the only thing that kept him pre-occupied was hunting, and when that got... boring, he’d attempt to track, something he never mastered. He said... he told me that his life is like the night’s sky; I’m a meteor that has flown in and lit up the sky, but then that meteor seemed to pass through the sky and leave it in total darkness, you know? And he’s left in the dark, and I felt the same way honestly, we always needed each other like... like a drug. It just seems I’ve gotten over my addiction, but he hasn’t.

“So now I’m here because of him, and he won’t leave me alone no matter what I say, do, or where I go. I always try my hardest not to fight with him enough to get him angry, but something always seems to happen and his threats become reality.”

“Why are you so big on keeping this secret?” Harry asked once he knew I was finished.

“People think differently of me,” I responded with a shrug. “As a result, I’m shunned. No one cares that I’m there...”

“Not everyone is like that,” Harry cut in with a warm smile.

“I’ll bet you that when you learn what it is, which I know will happen at one point despite how much I wish it wouldn’t, you’ll act like the others. I bet you’ll run and try to keep away.”

“I would never do that to you,” Harry said assertively.

I dropped it; sooner or later, he’d find out, and when that time comes, he will be like the others. He’ll be like the Slytherins and the way they treated him after they learned he wasn’t on their side... but worse.

Siggy from Lissy and Anna's Shop of Super Frazzling Graphics

Last edited by MalfoyzBeloved; 11-13-2007 at 02:21 AM. Reason: adding the P.P.S part.