View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 04:48 PM

Post Dan Radcliffe: Michael Gambon "camping it up" on Potter 6 set (UPDATED)

In a preview to tonight's interview with Parkinson (which was recorded in the week) Dan Radcliffe is quoted talking about Michael Gambon's reaction to the news that Dumbledore is gay, referencing in particular how he's acting on the set of Half-Blood Prince.

UPDATE: More pictures of Dan on the show can be seen here.

Quote:
Asked by Parkinson how Michael had reacted to the news, Radcliffe replied: "He's been camping it up around the set like nobody's business!

"Not in the film, though we did actually film a scene the other day, and I would like emphasise at this point that the script was written before this revelation and I don't think Steve Kloves had any prior knowledge, but there was a scene the other day when Michael had to come in and tell another character how much he loved knitting patterns! Which he just adored saying that."
According to The Daily Star, whilst Dan found the news "hilarious", Gambon has been the butt of jokes on set.

Dan also spoke about how supportive Warner Brothers are of his ventures outside Potter.

Quote:
"Warner Brothers have always been totally supportive of things like Equus and My Boy Jack because I think they know, deep down, that doing other things will only get Potter more publicity - not that it needs more!" Radcliffe revealed in an interview with Parkinson.

"I think they also realise that by going off and doing something like Equus and doing something like My Boy Jack, that when I come back to Potter I would have learned these different experiences and I will actually be, hopefully, a better actor for it."
The interview with Dan Radcliffe on Parkinson will be aired tonight on ITV1 at 10:45pm GMT.

Thanks to The Leaky Cauldron, DR.com and Is this the moment?!