View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 03:22 AM   #17 (permalink)
MalfoyzBeloved
Slytherin
Puffskein

and here's the other one.
More Malfoy... I had some fun with this one and some jokes retaining to this chapter.
Enjoy
P.S: Remember I said I was keeping Snape in this... You see why.

Chapter 4
Potions Drama

I ran down the corridors and towards the Potions classroom door, determined to keep a regular running pace. As I turned a corner, someone came out of nowhere and collided into me. I flew backwards a few feet, my books and supplies flying every which way. Naturally, I swore under my breath.

“Nice...”

I looked up quickly and glared at the guy that collided into me. I scowled when I realized it was Malfoy; you’ve got to be kidding...

Within moments, his things were together, but to my own surprise, he was gathering my things as well. It took him a matter of seconds to perfectly pile my things and hold them out in front of me. I yanked the pile from his arms, glaring suspiciously.

“You’re welcome,” he drawled sarcastically.

He got up, and when I didn’t, he held down a hand. This gesture surprised me, but I got up by myself. I started to walk away, trying to go as fast as possible without running, but Malfoy managed to keep pace with me. I inhaled and his sweet scent hit me like a giant wrecking ball with a bulldozer, and I shivered. Never before had I noticed his scent... maybe he switched deodorants or something; I do have a sensitive nose after all.

“Cold?” he asked.

“No,” I responded flatly.

In a split-second of my response, the sound of a long, drawn-out bell rang through the dungeons and across the castle grounds. Automatically, I picked up into a run, Malfoy just a step ahead of me. He reached the classroom door first and opened it, letting me through first. Rolling my eyes, I passed through.

“Late again?” a dull, low voice rang through the room. I didn’t see anyone, but within seconds, a figure dressed in black came from behind a doorway.

“Really? I didn’t notice,” I snapped. The small class chuckled.

“SILENCE!”

Everyone became dead silent.

The first thing I saw when Professor Snape entered the room further was the light shining off of his greasy head.

“50 points from Gryffindor. If you’re late again, you’ll have detention all day.”
I grumbled under my breath and took a seat next to Hermione.

“Take a seat, Malfoy,” Snape snapped. We all turned around and saw Malfoy still standing in the middle of the room, appearing rather on edge.

“But Professor...”

“Take a seat, Malfoy,” Snape repeated, pronouncing each word with a snarl.

I then realized why Malfoy hadn’t sat down yet; the only open seat was the one directly behind Hermione and next to another Gryffindor. I joined in the snickering with Hermione.

“But...”

“SIT DOWN, FOR MERLIN’S SAKE!”

Malfoy practically jumped into his seat, but he sat as far away from the table as possible. When Snape turned around, Malfoy managed to get his cronies attention and mouth something that made them snicker.

“Before you all leave, there will be a seating plan since no one was silent this entire class.” Snape glared at Harry and Ron’s table as he spoke this; Ron’s ears went red. “And there will be no ‘trading’, moving, or any sort of switching, be it using the Polyjuice Potion.” Snape glared at Hermione when he spoke this. She had the nerve to glare back. “Or any other means of transformation. So, here it is.”

Everyone got moving to different tables that were conveniently located at far distance from the next inhabited one, to all of our disappointment. What made it worse was that it was done alphabetically.

“Hermione Granger, Ellen Hermes.”

“Good luck,” Hermione whispered to me as she got up and left. She sat down at a table on the far end.

“Deanne Lyon, Draco Malfoy.”

Everyone that was in Gryffindor and Slytherin gasped. Malfoy willingly went and sat down. I refused to budge; it was hard enough I had to sit in front of him, but now next to him...

“Ms. Lyon, get over here,” Snape snapped impatiently.

I scowled, crossed the room, and I grabbed my chair and moved it to the far end of the table and landed on it with a loud thud. That earned me a glare, and ‘Another 20 points from Gryffindor’. Damn the slime-ball, you’d think that since he is friends with my parents that he’d at least have some consideration for me. Can't he see past my Gryffindor badge? Or is he too shallow?

Ha! Did I honestly just realize that?

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Malfoy edging his chair closer to my end of the table. I turned to look at him, glaring. “Get back.”

He just smirked and kept getting closer.

“Have you heard the story of Raphael Nequam?” I asked, making my tone sickly sweet.

“Some guy in St. Mungo’s,” Malfoy responded dismissively, still edging closer.

“He was in a full body cast for half a year.”

“But what about...?” Malfoy cut himself off once he realized what I implied. He sat still, refusing to move back.

“Malfoy...”

“Do your worst,” he whispered, smirking.

I scowled and pushed him. He flew off his chair and landed on the floor with a sickening thump. He then slid across the floor a few inches, stopping millimetres in front of our cauldron.

“Geez, Malfoy, you’d think someone that’s played Quidditch wouldn’t have balance issues,” I said loudly. Malfoy groaned, his arms wrapped around his stomach as he rolled onto his side.

“This is like our 2nd year Quidditch match all over again,” Harry commented from across the room. The Gryffindors burst into laughter.

“For goodness sake, get up, Malfoy!” Snape snapped. “10 points from Gryffindor.”

“It’s our fault that Malfoy can’t balance?” I responded meekly.

“20 points,” Snape said, slamming his fist onto my table; I didn’t even flinch.

The bell rang across the grounds. Before Snape could remind us of our assignment, everyone except for Malfoy was out of the classroom.

Siggy from Lissy and Anna's Shop of Super Frazzling Graphics

Last edited by MalfoyzBeloved; 10-24-2007 at 03:24 AM.