Thread: Destiny - Sa16+
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 05:30 AM   #19 (permalink)
Mell

Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andrew James Preston
Seventh Year

x7
Smile
Melly Bean | aussiegirl | a Supernatural freak

A few weeks later Harry and Ron were sitting in the common room talking when Jimmy Peakes came over to Harry and handed him a roll of parchment.

“Hey it’s from Dumbledore” he said. “He wants to see me straight away.”

“You don’t think he’s found one?” Ron asked.

“Better go and see hadn’t I” said Harry getting up from his chair and leaving through the portrait hole.

An hour later Sarina walked downstairs into the common room from the dormitory, Ron and Hermione were by the fire.

“Hey you two, where’s Harry?” she said plopping down on the chair.

“He had to go and see Dumbledore we think he’s found…..”

But at that moment Harry came rushing into the room and raced up the stairs.

“Harry what the….”

But he had already disappeared up the stairs; he was back after a couple of minutes.

“I haven’t got much time” Harry panted. “I had to come and get my Invisibility Cloak. Listen….”

He told them where he was going and why.

“……so you see Dumbledore won’t be here tonight and Malfoy will have a clear shot at whatever he’s up to. No listen to me! He hissed as Hermione made to interrupt him. “I know he’s up to something” he shoved the Marauder’s Map into Hermione’s hand. “I need you to watch him and Snape too. Use anybody you can from the DA.”

“Harry – “Hermione began.

“I haven’t got time to argue” said Harry. “Take this as well” and he gave the bottle of Felix Felics to Ron.

“No!” said Hermione. “You take it you might need it.”

“I’ll be fine I’ll be with Dumbledore” said Harry and he turned to Sarina. “I know I can’t make you stay behind where you’ll be safe so promise me you’ll be careful” he said fiercely.

“Yes of course” she whispered. “You too and Harry I love you.”

“I love you too” said Harry hoarsely and he gave her a quick kiss on the lips and ran out of the room.

They watched as he left and then Sarina turned to Ron and Hermione with fear in her eyes.

“I’ve got a bad feeling about this” she said in a scared voice. “There’s going to be trouble tonight.”

“Right lets have a look where Malfoy is” said Ron opening the Marauders Map. They couldn’t find Malfoy anywhere on the map and guessed that he was in the Room of Requirement and they found Snape sitting in his office.

“Lets get into position then” said Ron with an authorative tone just as Ginny walked over to them. “Okay Sarina and Ginny you two go down to the dungeons and keep watch for Snape, Hermione and I will go and stand outside the Room of Requirement.”

“No!” snapped Sarina. “I have a score to settle with Malfoy for trying to break up me and Harry and if he is up to something then I want to be there to get him.”

Ron rolled his eyes. “FINE” he shouted angrily. “Hermione you go with Ginny, let’s just go we’re wasting time.”

They headed out of the portrait hole, Sarina and Ron heading for the Room of Requirement and Hermione and Ginny heading for the dungeons. Once outside the Room of Requirement, Sarina and Ron took their positions against the wall opposite the door.

“Should we take some of this potion now?” asked Ron.

“No wait until something happens we don’t want to waste it, we don’t know how long we’re going to be here” Sarina answered.

So they stood their waiting, every little noise making them jump then after an hour they heard a click as though a door was being unlocked they tensed with their wands drawn waiting. Malfoy appeared in the doorway and saw Sarina and Ron standing there, he threw something into the air and the corridor went pitch black. Sarina groped through the darkness and found Ron she grabbed his hand.

“Lumos” she whispered, nothing happened.

“Incendio” cried Ron still nothing happened.

They could hear people rushing passed them; she pulled Ron along with her as they groped their way along the corridor. Once they finally reached the next corridor which was light they ran into Lupin, Tonks and Bill Weasley.

“What are you two doing?” asked Lupin.

“There are Death Eaters here, Draco Malfoy just let them in and they went up this way” Sarina cried.

“Right you two go back to your common room” said Lupin quickly and he took off after the Death Eaters with Tonks and Bill.

“Like hell” muttered Sarina she turned to Ron. “Ready to do battle?”

“Lets go” Ron said grimly.

He took a quick swig of the Felix Felics and passed it to Sarina, she drained the bottle and they ran after Lupin and the others, they followed the noises of shouting ahead. They reached the corridor that led to the Astronomy Tower and a raging battle was taking place, Sarina raised her wand and raced forward there were flashes of light going every which way. As she joined the fight a flash of her light came her way she dodged it just in time and fired a hex back in retaliation it hit the wall behind the Death Eater and it exploded sending chunks of stone on top of him. She turned and saw Draco Malfoy running up the stairs to the tower, she growled in fury and took off after him but once she reached the stairwell she was thrown backwards. Just as she was making to stand up someone grabbed her by the foot and pulled her back down, she rolled over and just as he was ready to pounce on her she kicked out as hard as she could and got him in the face he slammed into the wall and slumped to the floor. Someone was lying beside her but she couldn’t tell who it was their face was all bloodied and slashed. She got back to her feet and rejoined the fight; the big Death Eater was back on his feet after being hit by the stones he was firing heis wand everywhere. She fired off a hex at him which he dodged and fired one back at her she blocked the spell with a flick of her wrist. She knew that after taking the lucky potion she was going to be able to produce magic that she thought was impossible before. The Death Eater fired another curse at her and she parried the spell once more, another Death Eater came and joined the battle and Sarina was now fighting the two and so it went on, both of them firing hexes at her while she blocked and dodged the flashes of light.

After a while she noticed Snape running through the battle but after ducking another spell she lost track of him. She was dimly aware of the battle going on around her and she was starting to grow impatient that she had not yet managed to put these guys out of action. She fired a Stunning spell at the smaller Death Eater and in that moment she left herself wide open for the big Death Eater, giving him a clear shot of her he gave a triumphant yell and pointed his wand at her and started to yell a curse at her when she felt a pair of hands push her out of the way and a voice yell “Impedimenta!”

The Death Eater yelled out in pain and was lifted into the air and slammed into the wall, Sarina turned to see Harry standing there.

“Thank you Harry” Sarina panted.

“I’ve got to go – got to get Snape” and he sprinted off.

She looked back at the fight that was still taking place and noticed the big Death Eater also running off. She took off after him there was no way she was letting him get away after battling him for so long. For a big guy he sure could run fast she chased after him firing hexes at him when she could, he turned and returned a curse at her and it hit the stone wall which exploded causing debris to fall in front of her blocking her way. She re-directed her feet and took another route but she knew he would make it out onto the grounds before she would. As she ran through the double doors she seen him running across the grounds, she ran after him and noticed that Harry was also there the Death Eater raised his wand and pointed it at Harry who had his back to him. Oh no you don’t Sarina raised her own wand and took careful aim and yelled “Stupefy”, the Death Eater fell to the ground. A loud screeching noise made her look up and she saw Buckbeak the Hippogriff chasing what looked like Snape towards the gates and Harry lying on the ground.
Her heart in her throat she ran towards him. “Harry” she screamed. She watched him stagger to his feet and she almost cried in relief.

“Oh thank god, you’re alright” cried Sarina and she threw herself into his arms and she felt him put his arms around her, they stood in each others arms for a long time too scared to let each other go.

“Hagrid”, muttered Harry letting her go. “HAGRID?”

They walked over to Hagrid’s burning house just as he was emerging out of the flames carrying Fang in his arms. Harry sank to his knees crying out “thank god.”

“Yeh all righ’, Harry? Speak ter me, Harry….”

“I’m all right” panted Harry. “Are you?”

“Course I am….take more’n that ter finish me.”

Sarina smiled, she looked over at his house “Aguamenti!” she said pointing her wand at the hut, a jet of water flew out of her wand and she heard Harry and Hagrid do the same until the last flame was extinguished.

“What happened, Harry? I saw Snape and them Death Eaters runnin down from the castle” said Hagrid.

“Hagrid he…..” Harry cleared his throat. “Snape killed Dumbledore.”

“Oh my god” gasped Sarina, her hand flying to her mouth.

“Don’ be stupid Harry. Snape kill Dumbledore – what made you say tha’? said Hagrid angrily.

“I saw it happen.”

“Nah yeh couldn’ have.”

“I saw it, Hagrid.”

“Oh Harry, I’m so sorry” whispered Sarina.

They started walking back towards the castle; Hagrid was shaking his head and muttering under his breath. Sarina watched Harry as they walked and could see the pain on his face and she felt the tears spring to her eyes. They made their way over to the foot of the Astronomy Tower where a large group of people had congregated they moved through the crowd and Sarina let Harry go as he walked over and crouched beside Dumbledore’s body. She watched as Harry fixed his glasses properly and wiped some blood from his face. It was such a touching moment that she broke down completely.

“Come on Harry” said Sarina in a soft voice. “You can’t stay here, come on.”

She pulled him gently to his feet and they walked back to the castle, she steered him up the stairs and headed towards the Hospital Wing. They pushed open the doors to the Hospital Wing and noticed a group of people gathered around a bed at the end of the ward. Hermione came running over and gave them both a hug, Lupin came over as well.

“Are you two all right?”

“We’re fine, how is everybody else?” Sarina asked.

“We’re all okay but Bill….”

They looked down at the body lying in the bed, he was unrecognisable his face was slashed and ripped.

They stood there for the next couple of hours discussing the night’s events, Hagrid walked in and informed Professor McGonagall that he had moved Dumbledore’s body and that the Ministry had been informed. She, Harry and Hagrid left the Hospital Wing and went to her office to discuss details. Sarina, Ron, Hermione and Ginny left also and headed back up to Gryffindor Tower they bade each other goodnight and headed to their dormitories, Sarina lay on her bed for a long time before falling into an uneasy sleep.

Over the next couple of days students were taken home by their worried parents, lessons were cancelled and witches and wizards were streaming in for Dumbledore’s funeral.

Sarina felt that uneasiness in her stomach grow stronger each day the more Harry withdrew from her. She knew he was grieving Dumbledore but there was a steely determination about him now and she could see it consuming him to the point he couldn’t think of anything else.

The following morning the day of Dumbledore’s funeral they headed down to the Great Hall and sat at the tables but nobody felt much like eating. Professor McGonagall got to her feet and the talk in the hall died away at once.

“It’s nearly time” she said. “Please follow your heads of house out into the grounds. Gryffindor’s after me.”

They headed out of the castle towards the lake, it was a beautiful summer’s day there was not a cloud in the sky, Sarina found it ironic that the weather could be so perfect on such a sad day. They took their seats and watched as Hagrid brought Dumbledore’s body to the front and placed it on a table and listened as a little wizard stood in front of Dumbledore’s body and spoke about the great man.

Sarina sat with her head bowed the tears falling down her face and could feel Harry sobbing quietly beside her. She looked up when she heard people stirring around her and realised that it was over. She looked over at Harry and saw that he was staring at her.

“I need to talk to you” he said quietly.

She nodded her head and they got up and walked away from the crowd, they walked around the lake’s edge and stood under a tree in which they had shared many happy times together.

“Sarina, now that Dumbledore is no longer with us. I will not be returning to school next year, I have a job to do” he said seriously.

“Yes Harry I expected as much” she whispered.
“I love you Sarina, with all my heart I love you, but what I am about to undertake is going to be dangerous…..”

“I know that” she interrupted him, “and I am prepared to…..”

He put up his hand to stop her. “I will be returning to Privet Drive once more and then when I turn seventeen I will be gone from there to fulfil my destiny. I want you to use those weeks to think about what you really want to do and please do not make a decision lightly, I want you to think long and hard about this because it will effect the rest of your life.”

“I understand Harry” she said quietly “but I already know my answer.”

“Please Sarina for me, take the time to think about it.”

“Okay I promise.”