View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 10:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
DontCallMeNymphadora

Teddy's Founder
Tonks' Best Friend

Chic Chocolat
Jobberknoll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Erin Harley
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ry Taylor

Thank you to everyone! This one isn't as long as usual because I am tired *yaaaawn* , but it's great that you all enjoy it!

Chapter Six - A Big Birthday

Teddy Lupin's seventeenth birthday.

Seventeenth birthdays were always a big event in the wizarding world, but it seemed that half of wizarding Britain was descending on Andromeda Tonks' house for the occasion.

As Teddy awoke on the first of May, the first thing he did, as he always did on his birthday, was smile at the picture of his parents.

'Good morning Mum, good morning Dad! I'm seventeen now, you know. Well, I know you do....I can tell that you're still watching me, even though Nan says it's preposterous. It isn't, though, because I can tell it's true,' he smiled at the picture, of his parents ballroom dancing in the Autumn park, laughing as Tonks tripped over everything that was there and Remus kept a hand around her waist, steadying her.

Then there was the Christmas one, with lots of other people on the photo too - Molly and Arthur Weasley, the twins, Bill and Fleur, Ron, Hestia, Dedalus, Kingsley...and right in the middle were Remus and Tonks, the former resting a loving hand on the latter's bump.

That's me.... Teddy thought, smiling warmly. He hugged the picture close to him, before setting it back on his desk and sprinting downstairs.

Andromeda was waiting for him, an enormous pile of presents on the terracotta sofa.

'Wow!' Teddy gasped, throwing his arms around his rather frail grandmother.

'Your parents left you this,' Andromeda said warmly, as Teddy relinquished his hold on her. He took the brightly wrapped present (the turquoise, pink and brown colour scheme had obviously been his mother's choice) and slowly peeled away the paper.

'Oh.....it's.....Mum....Dad!' Teddy gasped, looking at the watch. It was the traditional wizards coming-of-age watch, with gold stars instead of hands.

Andromeda felt tears fill her eyes as she watched her grandson, who looked awestruck at his gift.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remus and Tonks were crying openly as they watched their seventeen year old son open his birthday present from them, and it filled them with pride as they saw his response.

'I never thought I'd live to see myself having a son, let alone watching my son come of age,' Remus mused, an arm around his wife.

Sirius, who had just walked in, objected.

'Actually, you aren't living to see it, because-' he began.

'Shut up, Sirius,' Tonks cut across, sniffing happily as she watched her son's delighted expression.

'So, what was going on seventeen years ago right now?' Sirius asked interestedly, resting a hand on his younger cousin's shoulder.

'Well, what time is it? Around seven o'clock?'. Tonks grinned. 'Teddy Remus Lupin had just been born'.

Remus' grip tightened on Tonks' shoulder, before pulling her into a warm embrace of mourning, celebration and just plain emotion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Hapeeeeeeee birfdey to ooooo!'.

Serenity Weasley may only just have learnt how to sing "Happy Birthday", but you had to admit that it was sweet.

Everyone clapped for her, and then the present-opening began.

Harry and Ginny Weasley had given Teddy a Golden Snitch, which he was very pleased with, having been made Gryffindor Quidditch Captain that year.

From James, Albus and Lily Potter, he had received a bar of Honeydukes' Best Chocolate, with Harry remarking that if he was anything like his father, he'd find a use for it.

Ron and Hermione had given him an Ireland Quidditch Team shirt, because Teddy was a big follower of them, even though he wasn't the slightest bit Welsh. Rose and Hugo had also chosen to give Teddy some sweets, this time in the form of a packet of Deluxe Sugar Quills.

Kingsley Shacklebolt, the Minister for Magic, had arrived fleetingly to wish Teddy a happy birthday and drop off his present. Kingsley had taken a liking to the boy, having been partnered on various Auror and Order missions with Teddy's mother.

The tickets to the Holyhead Harpies versus Tutshill Tornadoes game had come from Ginny, because she was playing Seeker for them.

Minerva McGonagall had also dropped by, with a large tartan tin (Teddy had a suspicion that it was a lifetime supply of Ginger Newts, which he wasn't too pleased about, but it's the thought that counts, after all).

Neville Longbottom (or "Professor" Longbottom) hadn't been able to come, because his grandmother had died (aged one hundred and fifteen, which wasn't a bad age) not long ago, but McGonagall had brought his card and gift with her.

Teddy had been thrilled with the various Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes products George had given him, and the enchanted razor he had received from Bill and Fleur.

Still, his favourite gift might just have been the small kiss Victoire had bestowed upon him shyly. Just maybe.

Yet while all of this was going on, Teddy knew that he had no chance of getting the gift he truly longed for - his parents to return.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tonks and Remus looked at each other, both of their eyes full of seriousness.

'Tonight?' Tonks asked, smiling serenely.

'Tonight,' Remus repeated, returning the smile.

Next time...Teddy is in the garden halfway through the party, when he gets involved in a rather interesting conversation.....