View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 08:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
DontCallMeNymphadora

Teddy's Founder
Tonks' Best Friend

Chic Chocolat
Jobberknoll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Erin Harley
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ry Taylor

Hehehehehe. I'm hoping this one will get you, because it certainly got me!

Chapter Three - Watching Over

'Is everything alright, Dora?' Sirius asked, moving over to her.

'Teddy's feeling low,' his cousin muttered, staring through what looked like a window, where an eleven year old boy could be seen sitting with his head buried deep in his hands.

'At least you can see him, right?' Sirius comforted Tonks, hugging her close.

'Yes. I've always wondered what this place is, but never thought to ask. Well...what is it?' Tonks replied, looking around.

It was like a busy metropolis - skies of blue with a bright yellow sun shining over a city full of deceased witches and wizards, going about daily life. The "Life Windows" was a huge building, full of small rooms, one for every person who came to live here, where they could see what was going on back in the land of the living, and replay special moments if they wanted to.

Tonks and Remus liked to watch milestones in their son's life - his first word, his first Christmas, his first birthday. Both were glad to see that Harry had an active role in his godson's life, which Lily and James were also proud of.

Tonks and Remus had settled in quite well after the first few days, unlike Fred, who had wandered around like a small dog, pining for a long-lost owner.

Still, Sirius and the others had attempted to cheer him up, and it had worked considerably - he was now running a Weasleys Wizarding Wheezes for dead people, which was alive - well, maybe not literally alive - and thriving so far, especially with the youngsters who were going to Hogwarts.

Yes, there was even a Hogwarts there - with Albus Dumbledore as reigning headmaster, and many of the teachers who had died teaching their old subjects.

'It's the afterlife, Dora! Where all witches and wizards go, except for the bad ones. They just get..."Poofed",' Sirius said, shrugging.

'Poofed?' Dora asked, raising an eyebrow slightly.

'No, not THAT kind of "Poofed". I mean eliminated - from life. Kind of like a Big Brother eviction, except without Davina McCall and you don't get cheered on by everyone when you get out on the other side. Unlike you of course - the welcoming comittee was immense for all of you lot after the Battle,' Sirius commented. 'James just jumped on me and shrieked "Who's afraid of the Big Bad Curtains?". Still, it was nice to see him. He was a good ally for when I was shouting at Remus the year after I died, because of how he was making you feel...'.

Tonks seemed to only have registered one part of Sirius' speech.

'I have one question,' she announced. 'What on Earth is Big Brother? Is Davina McCall a telephone company mascot or something?'.

Sirius raised his eyebrows, tapping her on the shoulder.

'Technically, Mrs "Inquisitive" Lupin, those were two questions,' he said, taunting her.

Tonks gave him a swift punch in the stomach and grinned, before going back to watching her son.

She hoped Teddy knew he was watching her.

Please don't get this chapter mistaken - they aren't in Heaven, because I wouldn't write that. They are, as Sirius says, in the wizarding afterlife - all magical folk go there when they die.

Enjoy!
Maddz.