View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 08:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
DontCallMeNymphadora

Teddy's Founder
Tonks' Best Friend

Chic Chocolat
Jobberknoll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Erin Harley
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ry Taylor

I told myself that if I have a reply on the first day that I posted it, it would no longer be a one-shot. So it is no longer a one-shot. Thank you Wendy and Lena, thou hast been my inspiration!

Chapter Two - Why?

Andromeda closed the small book, smiling sadly at her four year old grandson, who's head occasionally fell onto his chest. Bless him, though, he was trying his hardest to stay awake.

'Do you know why I asked for that to be written out properly, as a book?' Andromeda asked quietly, trying not to make the boy jump.

Teddy shook his head, his eyelids drooping over the same teal eyes that had been described in the story.

'Because this is very important - to me and to you. I hope that one day, you will take this to Hogwarts with you - and maybe read it, once in a while, and remember that they said your name not long before they died, because they loved you so very much, Teddy Bear,' Andromeda sighed, running a hand through Teddy's aquamarine hair.

It was a shade off Teddy's usual turquoise, but he was still getting used to his powers, and he didn't really mind anyway.

'Nan,' Teddy murmured sleepily. 'Why did they have to die?'.

This was a question Andromeda honestly didn't know how to answer. Tears fell down her pale cheeks, making her eyes look darker than ever.

'There was a war, Teddy Bear,' she said fondly. 'A pointless war, and so many deaths that needn't have happened. But your Mum and Dad died fighting for you to have a better life, just like fifty others died fighting for their little boys and girls, or brothers and sisters, or anyone they loved, to have a better life. So just because they didn't have to die, they didn't die for nothing'.

'I don't understand though, Nan...' Teddy yawned, his hair slowly fading back to brown, an obvious sign that he was shattered. 'How can something un-needed be worth anything?'.

This was a big question for a drowsy four year old to answer, and Andromeda sighed.

'I'll tell you when you're older, Teddy. Now then, come on, bedtime,' she instructed, picking up her grandson and taking him upstairs to the small bedroom that used to belong to her daughter.

The bubblegum pink wallpaper had been replaced with sea blue paint, and it was no longer the girly domain it used to be - but it was plastered with pictures of Ted, Dora and Remus.

Andromeda sighed. Although she had dismissed Teddy's question, she herself was asking one very simple question herself.

Why?

Last edited by DontCallMeNymphadora; 08-20-2007 at 08:20 PM.