View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 07:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Believe

Forever Refreshing
Porlock

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elijah Alexander Navalta

Ministry RPG Name:
Evangeline Mannitiquette
Department of Mysteries
Default Wise Words - Sa 9+

This is a one-shot about Hermione giving advice to Ginny about Harry. In Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, Ginny tells Harry that Hermione gave her the advice that changed her. And this is how I thought it happened.

Wise Words is my fifth Fan Fiction here on SS. I recommend that you read my other Fan Fics, if you’d like, and I hope you like this one. But remember, this is a one-shot, meaning that there won’t be anymore after this.

I enjoy reading comments and criticism, so please tell me what you think.

<3 Cai

-------------

And there he was; sitting in the courtyard. He really was a handsome man, wasn’t he? The way his messy hair moves in the wind. How his bright green eyes could be seen for miles. And when he smiles towards me, I nearly melt.

Yes, I know, I sound quite pathetic, but I can’t help it. After all, he is Harry Potter.

At first, I really only liked him because he was Harry Potter. But after he saved me in the Chamber of Secrets, I knew he was more than that. He was a real person. Kind. Thoughtful. Polite. Handsome. Everything a girl could ask for.

“Hey Gin. Mind if I sit here?” came the voice of Hermione. I looked up at her and smiled.

“Of course not,” I told her after moving my books away so that she could sit on the bench as well. “Why aren’t you with Harry and Ron?” I asked, for she usually sat with them between classes.

She just smirked. “Because they’re talking about Quidditch nonstop, and I’d rather not discuss a sport in which I don’t take part in,” she said smartly, opening a book and propping it on her lap.

I smiled a bit and then turned my gaze back towards Harry, although I didn’t realize I had. I didn’t really know how long I was staring at him until Hermione spoke once more.

“Looking at someone?”

I turned towards her very quickly to see that she was giggling slightly. She had caught me! I could feel my cheeks heating up with embarrassment.

“It’s alright, Gin. No one else is really paying attention.”

And as much as that was probably supposed to make me feel better, it didn’t.

“Of course not. He never pays attention,” I said quietly, turning my gaze towards Harry once more. It really did bother me that as much as I tried, Harry never seemed to care.

Hermione seemed to have closed her book and turned towards me. “Ginny?” I turned towards her when she said my name. “You really like Harry, don’t you?” she asked softly.

I looked around, just to be sure that no one was listening in, and nodded my head. Although, I’m sure it wouldn’t matter if people were listening because everyone knows I like him anyway.

“Can I give you some advice?”

I nodded eagerly again. Advice is good. I could definitely use some.

She sighed and took a quick glance towards Harry and Ron. “My advice is… to forget about him.”

I stared at her for a moment, as if expecting an explanation to her words. Forget about him? How could I ever forget about him? He’s Harry Potter, for Merlin’s sake!

“What?” I asked, wanting her to say more, or at least give me better advice.

“You should move on from him, Ginny. You should try other people. I mean, you can’t keep waiting for Harry to notice you, because then it will never happen.”

Move on? Try other people? Was she speaking a different language?

“Ginny, you know how you get around Harry. You can barely talk to him. And honestly, that just makes him feel a bit uncomfortable.”

Great! Now I make him uncomfortable!

“All I’m saying, is that maybe you should try to date other people. And definitely relax more. If you act like yourself around Harry, he’ll take notice to you.”

I took a moment to think over her words, and I finally concluded that maybe she was right. If I wasn’t so… obsessed with trying to talk to Harry, maybe he’d like me better. She muttered something about heading off to class early, and I just waved her off. I was too absorbed in her words.

I looked up again at Harry, and frowned slightly. I needed to relax around him. I needed to move on from him. I needed to occupy myself with other people. And hopefully doing all of that would end in him noticing me…

Sabsy pwns Cai and loves her like whoa
Niky loves Cai <3