View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 04:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Biochemkris

Technical Assistance
Tebo

Default Biochemkris EEFFD - Breaking Out of My Shell (Sa9+)
Technically technical all the time Bookaholic

Here goes nothing. I present to you, my first Dare fic.

Harry and Ron came down the stairs into the common room to find Hermione sitting by the common room fire. She had all of her S.P.E.W. paraphernalia strewn out in front of her and she was scribbling madly onto a small sheet of parchment. “What’s that you got there, Hermione?” Ron asked.

“Oh Ron! I’m so glad you’re up. Can you get Pig to send this off to Charlie?”

“What do you want to send a letter to Charlie for?” he asked, suspiciously eyeing the S.P.E.W. badges on the floor.

“I’d rather not say,” Hermione replied. She gathered up her stuff and went off to the girls’ dormitory.

“I can’t believe she’s still on about elvish rights,” said Harry.

Harry and Ron turned to leave when Dobby and Winky sprang out from behind a chair. “Harry Potter, sir!” Dobby squeaked.

“Hello, Dobby,” said Harry. “What’s that you got there?” he asked eyeing the deck of cards in Dobby’s hand.

“Oh, I am so glad you asked. I am Dobby the Magnificent and this is my assistant, Winky the Wonderful! Now, if you could just pick a card, any card, and you will see something wondrous.”

A little incredulous, Harry reluctantly took a card. “Now, memorize the card, but don’t tell Dobby what it is, and then place it back in the deck,” Dobby continued.

Harry put the card back (it was the Queen of Hearts). Dobby handed the deck over to Winky and proceeded to take one of his socks off. As he waved the sock over the deck of cards, Winky’s eyes rolled up into her head, she passed out, and the cards went flying. Doby grabbed one of the cards from the air and said triumphantly, “Harry Pbotter picked the Ace of Spades!”

Ron and Harry tried to suppress their grins, “Uh, sure Dobby, that’s right.”

Dobby beamed, “Dobby will learn another trick for your Harry Potter, sir.”

With that, he exited the common room, leaving Winky and the cards on the floor. Hermione flew down the staircase and over to Winky, “Is she okay? Winky…Winky… can you hear me?”

Winky woke up and when she caught sight of Hermione, she screamed and ran from the room.

Blast from the past!