View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 12:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
hermygirl
Chizpurfle

x9
Stuck inside with Sirius | *Splish-Splash* | bamBAM | ☁ Spooktacular ☁

Hermy walked into the class and carefully read the instructions as she sat down. She pulled out the things that she needed, and opened the textbook to the right page. Brushing the blue feather of her quill against her cheek, Hermy thought about the runes that she was going to use. Sorting her ideas out in her mind, she started to write.

Quote:
Ancient Runes In-Class Exam (Open Book)
Hermy Smythe, 1st Year Ravenclaw

Runes chosen:
Uruz - upright
Thurisaz - reverse
Ansuz - upright
Gebo - upright
Ihwaz - converse

The string I have chosen is to help combat nervousness and learned helplessness. It was constructed with the aim of not giving knowledge, but helping overcome problems with the talents that an individual already has. The first rune, uruz, I have placed helps reveal mental and physical strengths, both of which are needed to overcome problems. However, uruz also shows that this strength is to be used positivelyto stop the individual perceiving the demands are to high from them rather to destroy those who are weaker. It adds a good mental attitude to overcome the negatives.

I have next put thurisaz, but in the reverse form, to give protection to the caster as they decide on their best strategy. It lowers the perceived risk and helps overcome fear. Ansuz brings knowledge and wisdom, however when combined with the previous runes, I feel that it will release forgotten wisdom rather than giving an endless supply of knowledge, in this it reveals our true self, and linked with gebo shows our individual talents and skills.

Lastly I have chosen ihwaz, which will aid the conscious building of personal defence mechanisms to help overcome a defeatist and negative attitude. This is strong due to the converse form, showing that perceived danger will be easily averted through patience and concentrated effort. This helps motivation.

The string I have chosen aims to reveal the inner being by removing negative attitudes and therefore helping self esteem grow. Due to the combined nature of the runes, it will not affect those who are already self confident, nor will it overcome tose who are evil minded. It is designed for times of stress - the string should help clear the mind and prepare the wizard for what is to come. It will not overcome danger as a cast, however it should aid the mind in thinking about the best to route to solve a problem - whether by magic, logical or lateral thinking.
Hermy reread her writing, checking for any mistakes and decided that this was the best that she was likely to do. She put down her quill and rubbed her aching hand, before stretching upwards.