View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 06:21 PM   #63 (permalink)
jes_is_bak
Ravenclaw
Bother bother
Puffskein

Default the endddd

and the last piece

The judge stood up and everyone in the room followed suit. She looked down at both sides before speaking,
“Thank you, defense and thank you prosecution for your help today. The jury will now go into the deliberation room and decided on a verdict. This is a long process, so please feel free to stretch your legs. We will reconvene in one hour to see if the jury is ready with a decision. Thank you.” She stepped down from her seat and walked out through the corner door she had come in from.

Draco let out a big sigh and slumped back in his seat. This was it; it was all over now…all he could do was wait.

A large clock ticked up on the wall. Draco watched it, hearing the seconds tick by, lulling him into a daydream-like-state.

“Draco?” Hermione’s voice and touch awoke him from his stupor and he looked up at her.

“Yeah?” he replied quickly.

“I just wanted to say well done and congratulations; you survived one of man’s most grueling tests and you did very well,” she was smiling at him confidently, as though she already knew the outcome.

How can she be so sure that we won? Draco wondered to himself.

But he just smiled back, “Yeah…yes! Thank-you…and Thanks for all of your help – you’re the best lawyer I could have asked for!” he told her, grinning.

“Yeah, well, you know…it’s kinda my job,” she whispered back, and she hit him lightly on the shoulder.

“Well, you’re very good at what you do. Excuse me, now, I’m going to get a drink of water – you heard the judge, it’s a long wait!” he told her.

Hermione smiled and moved to let him inch out from behind the table. They may have let him clean up, but he was still cuffed at the hands and feet, which made it very hard to move around. Despite this, they had still felt the need to equip him with a police officer, just in case Draco decided to make a hobble for it.

Hermione turned and watched him move slowly towards the big, oak doors and out into the hallway.

“Jesus,” she whispered to herself. “We better win this.”

After Draco got his sip of water, he decided to take a trip to the bathroom. His guard followed him to the door of the stall, where he waited for Draco to do his business. What a life…Draco thought to himself as he zipped his pants and flushed the toilet. He washed his hand and slashed come water on his face to wake himself up.

Draco looked himself squarely in the mirror and gave one last silent prayer.

“Hey, do you mind if I just stand over on this wall for a few minutes? I’ve been sitting in there a while…” Draco asked his officer. The man grunted and nodded his head as a yes. Draco shuffled to the wall and leaned up against it. It felt good to stretch his legs, at least as much as was humanly possible in those cuffs.

Almost as soon as Draco closed his eyes, he was asleep, dreaming of life before this awful mess. He saw Camilla’s beautiful face smiling down at him, and he felt truly happy for the first time in a long time.

Draco felt a tapping on his shoulder and opened his eyes.

It was his guard. “Excuse me, Mr. Malfoy,” he said in his low, rough voice. “It’s time to go back in now.”

Draco nodded and stood up straight. He had no idea he had been out long. He straightened his suit and followed the officer back into the courtroom.

Everyone remained standing as the Judge and jury filed back into the room from opposite sides of the room. Draco stood behind his table, anxiously awaiting his fate.

“Now that we have heard all of the evidence, jury, have you had time to deliberate and come to a decision?” the judge asked the panel of men and women.

One man on the end stood up and replied, “Yes, ma’am.”

She nodded, “Very well then. What do you rule?”

“In the case of Draco Malfoy vs. Cambridge County, this jury has ruled,” he paused, as if to create an air of drama seen only on daytime television. Draco cursed him for this wait. “Guilty.”

The word dropped on Draco like a bomb. He looked around at Hermione, helplessly. She touched his shoulder, and trying to calm him explained that the judge still needed to-

“In this case of Malfoy vs. Cambridge, I agree with the jury’s decision of guilty on all charges,” the judge showed no emotion as she passed the sentence.

“Hermione!” Draco just about screamed. Officers were swarming around them, trying to take Draco back into custody. Hermione just stood there, watching him with tears in her eyes.

“I’m sorry Draco...there’s nothing…” she whispered, and he fought against the guards holding him back to try and get to her.

Draco had been dragged to the front of room by the time the scream went out.

“NO!” everyone stopped and looked around to see a brown-eyed man in a crisp suit pushing his sunglasses onto his head as he stands to face the mass of people. “No,” he repeats.

“Sir, what are you-“ he cut the judge off with a look as he placed his sunglasses into the breast pocket of his jacket and moved slowly towards the front of the courtroom.

As he passed Draco, he gave him a look straight in the eyes, whispered, “I’m so sorry,” and kept walking.

The man turned to face the room; everyone’s eyes were on him. “I can’t see this man taken away for a crime that he didn’t commit. I can’t see this, wonderful, caring man fall for the sins of others. For my sins,” he said loudly for everyone to hear.

“Jared? What-“ Draco asked, but Jared just gave him a look.

“I gotta do this, man.” He sighed and continued. “I did it: I killed Camilla Malfoy, because I was jealous of this man. I hereby confess to the crime, and accept the consequences of my actions,” he told the judge, turning to face her.

She was silent for a moment, her lips pursed as she surveyed him. Then she turned to the guards. “Officers, take this man into custody for the rape and murder of Mrs. Camilla Malfoy.” The men let go of Draco and moved towards Jared. The judge turned to look at Draco. “Mr. Malfoy, it seems you are free to go.” She even gave him a smile, as if to say she was sorry for the huge mistake they almost made.

Despite all the sadness and anger he was feeling, Draco was also elated at his innocence. He turned to Hemrione, who ran over to him.

“Oh my God!” she screamed.

“I know!” he replied.

They stared at each other for a few seconds before Draco finally broke the silence.

“So…can I kiss you now?” he asked, coking an eyebrow.

“You better!” she almost squeal. And Draco, still in his handcuffs, cupped Hermione’s face in his hands and pulled her to him. He kissed her passionately, not caring who might be watching.

When they broke apart, Hermione was breathing heavily.

Draco looked at her and grinned.

“What?” she asked.

“Well, if I didn’t know any better, Miss Granger, I’d say you were a woman in love!” he said.

She smiled back at him slyly and kissed him again. “Guilty as charged,” she whispered in his ear and he smiled.

Then she threw her arms around him and he lifted her off the ground. As he let her down, Draco looked right into her eyes as he told her, “I love you, Hermione.”

She looked right back at him as she said, “I love you, too.”

THE END!!

hope y'all liked it and it was too corny! lol

keep reading my other fics, and you guys were awesome readers! thank you sooo much!

love love love
~Jes xoxo

Finished Fics: 'A Dangerous Love''As the Waves Break'This Story Has No Title''The Sting of a Broken Man 'Kissing Him'
and'Tomorrow Is Just Over The Horizon'

Works in Progress: ' 'All the World's a Stage...'

"I like my coffee like I like my women: hot and black - and with a plastic spoon in them."
~Eddie Izzard

-- Ronald Weasley Drabble Fics --