View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 05:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
lightstar1154
Special Services to the School
Billywig

Graduated
Miss Sarah Bippity Boppity Boo!

"Well, Audra, I've always been interested in Muggles, mostly since I'm Muggle-born myself. I can actually teach almost any subject here, not to brag, but I did rather well in all subjects at school. Except Herbology... but that's a different story..." Professor Light mentally cursed herself for rambling and getting off track. She smiled once again at the girl who seemed like she would fit into Hogwarts very well.

"Basically, I decided to teach Muggle Studies because I feel like I can add a little something to it that a non-muggleborn teacher, as good as they may be, might not be able to get out of a book. You mentioned the subject seeming odd, well, I don't think that's an uncommon thought at all. However, I'd like to think that after learning about Muggles you and everyone who might think Muggles or having a course about them is odd, might change their opinion. With all they have done to overcome not being able to use magic, Muggles are really, well, amazing. That's why we have this course at Hogwarts, it's an attempt to connect with people outside of our little bubble."

She stopped and tilted her head slightly, unsure of whether her explanation was what Audra was looking for, or wanted to hear. She knew that it was odd to have a course all about Muggles, but she could only see benefits from having such a course, and also the need for a course like this.

Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?