Thread: Portfolio: emjay's sketch book
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 02:24 AM   #15 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Oh, you guys ;____; I'm so overwhelmed <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrightfulLeader13 View Post
Oh, wow. You're sooooo talented! Loving that sketch of Gunnar!
Aw, thank you! I'm so glad you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionescorpse View Post

HOLY CRAP! I knew you were good at drawing but I DIDN’T KNOW YOU WERE SO TALENTED! That looks AMAZING! You’ve managed to capture a sense of sweetness about him and just *gushes*

Amazing job, lovely!
Oh, Kita, you're just so sweet <3 I practice a lot, continually, all the time lol. I love drawing and working towards improving my craft. And thank you so much! I'm glad you think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearlixir View Post
aaaAAAA I'm so glad to see that you have a thread for your artwork, especially SSRPG stuff - I love seeing how people portray their characters

that portrait of Gunnar is briliant *__* I love the way you've done the shading and highlights of his skin, it's done so well. also the look in his eyes. bless. he's lovely.

I can't wait to see more of your work
Oh, thank you, I'm really glad you think so. Getting the shading in the skin just the way I wanted it definitely took some time. But yes, I really enjoy seeing how people portray their characters too, especially when it's not exactly the same as their face claim. I did take a few creative liberties myself to make him a little more how I see him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
OMG, I love this! I love your talent!
Aww, you're sweet. Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourgreengremlin View Post
O M G

MJ! Wow!

You should totally keep an index in your first post too so not a single bit of your talent gets missed
Oh yes, I meant to do this. And wow, to be worthy of size 7 text... thank you <3 I'm working on Noémi next; I know you can appreciate her beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurange View Post
omg mj, i'm speechless ;______________;

that portrait is gorgeous, you work with dry media so well!

side note: Gunnar looks so german, I love it
Oh thanks so much, Lauren. I really love working with dry media; it's my favorite, especially drawing pencils. I have to say that you inspired me to draw my characters after I saw you mention recently something about drawing characters...though I'm not sure if you have yourself? I know I've seen some of your digital drawings, which are quite lovely btw and you should have your own thread here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post
The eyes and the hair and the face and wow wow wow. I LOVE.

Also also also...

Please send me some of your talent pls, thnx <3
Thank you so much! Aw I wish I could, but you could totally join one of my classes and I'd be happy to teach you something ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
WOW, MJ! I'm just going to repeat everything everyone else said, and add that your students are so lucky to have you for an art teacher! That portrait is amazing!!!

Edit: I keep looking at it. I cannot believe this is colored pencil. I also have some Prismacolor pencils, but they're mostly for coloring in my adult coloring book. I can't believe this is not like, an oil painting, where the eyes follow you around the room?!?!?!?! Because they do?!?! There is so much life in this DRAWING!!!! I am amazed.
Ohhh this is just the nicest thing to say. I really hope they think so; I love my students.

I just love Prismacolors. They're so pigmented and smooth and lovely for blending and burnishing. And thank you so much. I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamdanger View Post
:O :O :O :O :O

Oh my gosh. MJ. This is stunning. <3 His eyes!! And the look on his face and just .eworjfl;kwemrf the softness. Holly very much agrees that he has pretty eyes to go with his soul. orsomethinglikethatcauseshe'sjusttellingmehe'soneo fherbestmalefriends He's lovely.
Aww thank you, Tori! Lol Holly pls, and yeah he does retain some of his softness here, I think... which he is reluctant to admit heh. His eyes are one place I used more my own interpretation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post
I love admiring other's artwork and style, MJ this is brilliant. The amount of depth you put into Gunnar's nose and eyes gives it a proper 3-Dimmensional look. It's as if he'll pop out of the page at any moment! I love it.
Oh, me too... I love art so much and I truly enjoy looking at other people's artwork. And thank you so much! I did put a lot of effort into that detail and proper shading to achieve that effect so I'm glad you thought so ^^

Wow. Thank you all so much for the feedback. I really appreciate it. And I just started on another of my characters, though it will likely be a couple weeks before I get to finish and post it because I'm usually doing 300 things at once lol. Anyway, I hope you'll all stop back.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote