Thread: Owl Post Office
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 01:54 AM   #25 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Soul View Post
Duncan enjoyed the sealing of envelopes. He made sure to press the stamp SO WELL so that the picture was visible. He also wanted to touch it. Can he touch it? He was going to try it in the next letter his father passed to him.

Wow, his father did know a lot about owls. It was not surprising, his father knew a lot about a lot of things. Owls, pygmy puffs, money, how to make mum happy after they had a small fight and much more. "They eat rats?" Duncan paused his stamping, a little horrified by this brand new information. Okay, they couldn't get an owl now! "I didn't know birds ate stuff other than grass." He added sadly, going back to his stamping.

The talk about Hufflepuff cheered him up a little. It was funny how quickly children's emotions morphed at this age, right? They cared deeply but moved on quite fast, or was it just lil Dunk? In any case, he started to have a smile on the more his father talked about his house back in school. "I hope I'm also sorted in Hufflepuff, just like you." He commented spontaneously just before he moved his finger to touch the seal he just stamped.
Merlin, the boy thought birds ate grass. Wait, DID they? No, they totally didn't. Fletcher had fed an owl before.... he'd fed it a......... mouse, right...? Er? Was that right? No, his son was wrong. He totally knew things about things and stuff and had definitely passed all his OWLS honestly.

"Yeah birds don't eat grass, kid. They like worms and bugs and things," he finally mumbled, getting a bit distracted by his post. He shuffled it all together in a stack and prepared to hand it over to the postman. He was just waiting on the last letter now. "Aww." Fletcher couldn't help but beam at what his boy said. "I hope you are too." Nevermind that Hufflepuff was just a house of mishaps who didn't fit in anywhere else. His son could TOTALLY be the next Glitterpuff, especially if they picked out a good pygmy puff for him.

For all his earlier vigilance, Fletcher nearly missed his son trying to touch the warm wax seal on the last letter. "Oh---" he started to say, then stopped, because 1) it was too late; and 2) this was one of those things the boy just had to learn for himself. "Wax is hot, Dunk," Fletcher pointed out un-helpfully after the fact. "How's your finger?"

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind