View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 07:49 PM   #80 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Tina wasn't surprised to learn that the cookies involved in the "mystery" hadn't actually been stolen. She didn't think any of the professors, not even the ones she despised most, would be dumb enough to steal cookies from.the house elves! If someone was going to steal something, why waste time with something as insignificant as cookies… especially when they could get cookies just as easily by asking a house elf for some?*

She was much more interested in the way chromatographs were used as proof in an investigation. Oh, so a chromatograph on it's own wasn't sufficient proof? That made sense. Like Noble and that other guy (Kaiser) said, lots of people could use the same kind of ink. Tina listened carefully to Noble's explanation, as well as the instructions on what to do with their finished chromatographs. Well, that answered all the questions she had and then some!

Tina removed her chromatographs from their solutions, setting them on the desk in front of their respective beakers so they wouldn't get mixed up. When she finished labeling and writing her name on them, she gently laid both sheets of paper side by side on the bench beneath the window. She returned to her seat to collect her beakers and took them to the sink to pour out their liquid. After depositing the beakers on the washing up tray, she went back to her seat to pack up her supplies and give her area a quick tidying. There wasn't much to clean, as she'd been extra careful not to spill or drip anything, but just in case, she took out her wand and performed a quick scourgify on.the table. With that finished, she slung her bag over her shoulder and pushed in her chair.

Now she was off to Professor Schmoe's office, she supposed. For the record, it was only to see if her suspicions were correct. She didn't care about the cookies - unless they happened to be macarons - but being right was always something she could get behind! "Goodbye, Professor," she said on her way out the door. "Thank you for the lesson."

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...