Thread: Owl Post Office
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 03:32 AM   #21 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Waful had been a bit a bit on edge ever since the encounter on the playground incident, which meant that Zachaël was giving the snowy owl a bit ore TLC than usual to try and calm his shaky feathers. Lighter packages as well and few important documents until he could be certain that the owl was back in tip top shape.

Which was why this particular owl was perched on his shoulder while he sat on a stool a corner behind the counter while whittling away on another custom order for a wax seal stamp. Though he did settle the slender piece of wood on to his thigh and straightened when he heard the gentle ring of the bell above the door as it opened as the father-son pair entered. Standing, Waful screening in protest, he moved behind his counter properly.

"Owls make for fine pets," he offered with a bit of a wink at the snowy owl. "Though I am of a rather biased opinion. Other than unsolicited suggestions, what else can I do for you today?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Soul View Post
Hmph.

Yeah, Duncan WAS fast, his father was just s0o0o0o sl0o0o0ow. It was just a letter, shove it in and be done with it. Duncan did the whole crossing arms, scowling thing to let his dad know he was not amused in this place.

... a wax seal? Ooooooh, what's that. "Yeah, okay." He released his arms, and grabbed onto the ledge of the table to try and see what was the wax seal thing. "I can do it. Do I have to be strong?" Because he was. He was just checking, err, so he wouldn't break the seal. What was it again?

"She didn't say she owned one, she just said I could. I want to." He beamed, totally forgetting the sulking act he was adamant on carrying from the leaky cauldron till here. "A pygmy puff?" He scrunched up his nose disgustedly. "No, thank you. They're for girls." Duh. They were fluffy and colorful and squeaky. He didn't deny it was nice looking, probably so soft to touch too, but he was a boy. So... yeah, no, thank you. He needed a rat.
HUHUHHHHUH?

Fletcher almost jumped when the guy behind the counter the one looking like a pirate with a parrot on his shoulder suddenly spoke. He definitely hadn't noticed him or his owl. He'd just wanted to get these letters sent out, and he felt stupid for not being more vigilant as they walked in. "In just a minute, I'll have some post for you, mate," he replied to the shopkeeper, looking down at his son again.

His pouty, but still sweet, little boy.

"Mm, yeah, you need to be strong like me to make this work," Fletcher extrapolated as he got the blue wax ready for the boy. "Climb up on this stool here," see, there was something to climb everywhere if you looked hard enough, "and you'll be able to reach the counter. Each letter needs a seal in the middle." He demonstrated with the first one, sealing it with a the stamp of DMF in the middle. Fletcher found this task oddly satisfying. "Now you go."

Fletcher passed him the next letter. "Is your sister in charge of you now?" Funny how kids thought they could boss around each other. Hilarious. Mallory would be receiving one of these letters if she kept pulling this crap. He caught sight of Dunk's face and stifled a laugh. "Naaaaaaaah, come on," Fletcher did crack a crooked smile at the thought of taking home a rat today. Jessa would LOVE it. "You want a pygmy puff. I had a... yellow pygmy puff when I was your age." That was a blatant lie; Fletcher had been friends with a butterbeer bottle and a tinfoil man, but his kid could do better than that.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind