View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 02:19 AM   #123 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Co-DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO

Erumpent

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Sixth Year
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Had she watched him walk away? Maybe, but she wouldn't be obvious about that. She was still messing with her things when he approached the table with the food. "Oh that looks good." She had been a bit hungry though she would have been fine with coffee had he not offered.

With his words her eyes lifted to his neck, seeing the dragons she smiled a little. "That is very sweet of them. I bet you have drawers full of ties at home. I get the impression your grandchildren spoil you as much as you spoil them." She could just picture them all together in her head and the image made her smile. There was something about Charles that made it easy to picture him with a house full of kids. Taking a bite of her food as she listened to his plans for New Years and nodding. She didn't have any plans and fully figured she would spend the last hours of this year sleeping in her bed.

"I'm doing better I guess." There wasn't any reason to sugar coat it with Charles. "After the service, I took the girls and we went to Brazil for a visit. We have friends that live there. I feel like it helped the girls to get away for a bit. It gave me a chance to do something thinking and well it was part of the reason I asked you to meet me here." Picking up her coffee and taking a sip she wanted to get her thoughts together.

"I think, well, I've been thinking that it might be time to start considering retirement in the upcoming year." She had nothing officially planned yet, but it was just thoughts she wanted his opinion on.
He preferred something with raisins, but raisin bread did not seem to be on the menu today. Hard to beat a nicely toasted piece of it with some honey and drizzled over melted butter...but yes, the danish was nice enough and paired well with the coffee. A black coffee he had meant to remain bitter to balance the flavors...but instead the Minister found himself idly adding lumps of sugar from the sugar box centered on their table.

1...2...3...4....stir to help it all melt...5...6...

"Ties...shirts...plates...mugs...Kurumi has always been crafty and prefers the handmade path over store bought. I dare say I don't one a single piece of dinnerware that does not have a hand print on them or some sort of drawing of a lopsided dragon or giraffe...or some other creature on them. Hummingbirds and flowers if they are from Rebecca," he mused a little insensitively given the topic at hand and what Victoria and her family had been through. He couldn't help himself, he was an unapologetically proud grandfather.

He was grateful that he had not been mid sip, still stirring, as she spoke beyond her travels to Brazil to her intentions at the Ministry. Surely this was talk based upon grief, and he could hardly blame her for it. He all too vividly could remember the aftermath of Yukie's passing and how that had changed him. "I see," he nodded solemnly while tapping his spoon against the rim of the mug before setting it down on the small plate beneath it. "I simply cannot imagine Games and Sports without you at the helm," he chuckled, the twinkle in his eye fading for the briefest of moments.

ENERGETIC | ENTHUSIASTIC | EXHIBITIONIST
loves an audience
sweetpinkpixie is online now   Reply With Quote