View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 02:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default dangit, didn't even get to the HM's office my first year xD
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
This time, he was a bit more prepared for the look of awe and wonder in the girl's eyes. Hogwarts, even less fancy than Beauxbatons still had its charms. He couldn't believe it took leaving the castle for him to remember that. Seeing it through the eyes of a First Year now he was dying to get back. "That certainly makes the two of us." He agreed easily.

Malachi got off at the landing once they hit the second floor, realizing now that everything was starting to look familiar again. "Terrifying. Held us hostage before we finally evacuated. Such large numbers, they're harder to contain. There will need to be a special mission run by the Department of Magical Creatures. Had to send in Aurors with an earlier group. Huge operation, I'm sure you'll see all about when the Daily Prophet gets a good report." Or was she one of the many students who never saw the point in reading the news?

Wait a minute. He knew where this was. The hall lined with stuffy portraits was quite telling and he couldn't help the surge of relief that washed over him.

"Would you look at that, your map turned out pretty accurate after all. Reckon I wouldn't mind a copy if you'd be willing." The Headmaster could already see the corridor adjoining this one that led to his office. This had been a good plan. He deserved a pat on the back and some cookies. She deserved....maybe a pat, too, if she wanted one.
Aww, even the Headprofessorman missed their old school, which would still be LIKE NEW to her next year. Bernie's sparkly eyes softened slightly as she looked at the man, wondering SO MUCH about him. She had SO MANY MORE QUESTIONS for him but here they were, heading back to his office, going down the moving picture hall. She'd been a good Gryffinpuff and had found him what he'd wanted, so she supposed she should.... let him have another look at her map?

Bernie held it gently to her side as it wafted in a draft. "Heavens," she murmured softly, not even KNOWING half of what he was saying about last term and Hogwarts. Hostage? Boggarts could hold people hostage?! With, like, a ... a wand? Or a... spooky hand or something? Her sparkly eyes were now doing this a bit: as she attempted to picture boggarts (What did they look like? Did they smell? Didn't they suck your soul out? Did they wear robes with hoods or were they more like scary ghosts?!) and then Aurors and spell missions with the Department of Magical Creatures? Huh?

"Oh yeah, I read the Daily Prophet," Bernie nodded seriously. THIS was something she could talk about at length. "They still deliver it to France, didya know? One time the owl dropped my copy into my friend's bowl of cereal, which was mostly milk, which I TOLD HIM was the best part, but he didn't drink it all, and he was getting up to leave, and instead of getting HIM wet, the cereal milk SPLASHED ALL OVER a Beauxbatons student, and her face was like..." Bernie started to make a scary face but then remembered who she was talking to and trailed off with, "Ummmmmm it was really funny."

Back to the map. "Here you goooooooo, sir," she intoned, holding out her map to him. "You and ONLY YOU can have a copy. I haven't put a watermark or a copyright on it yet, y'know, so the other kids will pay me a sickle every time they look at it. But I'll do that when I'm finished with it." There was a spell for that, right? Wasn't that how copyright worked?

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind