View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 03:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
feeheeheeny

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia "Mia" Adair
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leigh Upstead
Hufflepuff
Third Year
x11
be curious, not judgmental

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
The kid was nervous, he could tell. Which meant he probably didn't want to get whoever talked him into this to get in trouble, which meant it was PROBABLY a student. It could have been the Stark girl. She was the child of two people who liked to do whatever they wanted and she already seemed pretty free willed as a first year.

Piers considered threatening the boy with detention if he didn't tell him who put him up to this, but he had a feeling the soft, fragile boy would crumble under the pressure. "No, no, of course not," he responded instead, in a kind, patient voice. "I'm merely curious." That's aaaaaall. Just curious as to who he needed to give detention to.
...Oh. It was okay to tell, then? Teddy smiled now, visibly relaxing at the man's gentleness in tone and demeanor. The next moment, the Ravenclaw chose to sit down, feeling far less threatened by the situation than he had ten seconds ago.

"Okay. Cool." He struggled to maintain eye contact, feeling slightly foolish for worrying, and let his eyes wander across the various items on his desk as he informed him, "Soph-- Sophie? Brown. She's my dad's cousin, she used to babysit for me, since I was a baby, me and Fi both. Oh-- I'm Teddy. Teddy James? Theodore. I have a twin sister, Phoebe, you know? She's in Gryffindor. Our dad-- "Maximus"... James, obviously..." Former Quidditch player? Did he know? "...and my mum is "Genevieve," she's an Auror, her maiden name-- is Branxton? Like my gran, Cassandra Branxton? Former Headmistress? Of Hogwarts, not of-- of Beauxbatons--"

Cheeks having flushed with color, Teddy sat on his hands now as if that would, somehow, make himself stop monologuing. At least for the present moment, it worked, and Teddy made eye contact again long enough to offer a very sheepish smile.

"Sorry. Soph told me a lot about you-- I feel like-- I needed to catch you up on me, sort of." Yes. Okay. Good.