View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 09:24 PM   #78 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Gargoyles & Demarais (Pretend she said everything in French/too lazy to translate)
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Tina remained crouched behind the wicker couch. She needed a plan, but what? The gargoyles' scales were resistant to magic. Wait, that was it! They were resistant to spells, but she wasn't. Maybe she could camouflage herself with a disillusionment charm? Could the gargoyles see through the spell? Come to think of it, would anyone notice if she snuck out of the garden while disillusioned? Desmarais did say she wanted them out, and Tina was only too happy to oblige.

Desmarais… Tina's anger at the woman were approaching Malachi Trent levels (as in the level of anger she normally reserved for only the Hogwarts headmaster, not a level akin to that which the man himself demonstrated). If she hadn't barged in screeching like a harpy… If she hadn't grabbed that girl, none of this would've happened! And those first years… what did they think was going to happen if they raised their wands at her?! Pure idiotic behavior on all sides! Still, as completely childish as Headmistress Diaper-baby Desmarais was acting, Tina agreed with her on one thing. How did de Nostredame think this was a good idea?! He worked with her, for Merlin's sake; he should've known she'd react this way!

Tina was jerked out of her thoughts by a nearby presence. She looked up and saw some of the gargoyles patrolling the area. She remained motionless, mentally kicking herself for not guessing that gargoyles would be the subject of the lesson. How could she have forgotten? She saw them every day at this school for four years! Suddenly she remembered she had the one thing her classmates didn't: a history at Beauxbatons. Maybe she could use it to her advantage!

Tina looked at the nearest gargoyle. "Bonsoir,"she said, cautiously offering a hand for it to sniff. "Remember me? I used to go to school here." She reiterated the question in French, "Souvenez-vous de moi?" Did that work? Would the gargoyle remember her? What if it didn't? What if it attacked? Her mind was buzzing with possible scenarios!

Tina's eyes darted from the gargoyle to Desmarais as the latter spoke, and she got an idea! If she couldn't pacify the gargoyles, maybe she could try to pacify Desmarais. She wasn't going to try standing up to her full height yet, lest she agitate any nearby gargoyles with sudden movements, but she did poke her head out of her hiding place to look at the headmistress. "Madame Desmarais," she said with a respectful bow of her head, momentarily putting aside her fear and disdain, "may I please dry you off?" Just in case the headmistress doubted her skills, she assured her, "I'm proficient at wandwork; I was well-trained by two of France's finest charms masters." She said all of this in perfect and eloquent French.

See, gargoyles? She wasn't a threat. No wand, no shouting… just talking.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...