View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 05:09 PM   #39 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Zita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
She was really hoping that the coffee would help her mood. She still felt her stomach in her throat from the spinning, no need to see an amusement park anytime soon, all one had to do was go have fun in this stupid building. Why was the ministry so annoying to her? She had come for her NEWTS and was fine, but after the bowling, after the minister acted the way he did and then that spinning room, she had no use for this place, but as she watched Adam pull out the money she felt something pull, she had come for him, she had come to bring him a treat, the room wasn't his fault. If she had told him she was coming he probably would have warned her, but she wanted to what... surprise him?

"I can get it." Though she reached out and took the money, she didn't want to argue with him and looking at his face closely she could see he was anxious. Maybe she should just go, maybe this was the worst idea.

She turned and headed to the cart though, getting him the hot chocolate and her the coffee. Once she returned she placed the hot chocolate and his change on the table in front of him and took a seat. "It is really hot so be careful." She looked around the place, it wasn't too busy. "Do you come here often? I mean I guess you probably do since you work here."

He almost pulled his hand back when Zita said she would pay, but didn’t and was grateful when he felt her fingers brush his as she took the money. He stupidly stood there for a moment before sitting down. His fingers toyed with the paper bag as he tried to decide if he should eat the treat she had brought him or not. If he was honest, he wasn’t even sure he was going to be able to stomach the cocoa until he was safely back in his lab, let alone anything solid. He reached up, rubbing his neck as if he trying to wipe away something, his mind still replaying the pudding incident. ” Ich bin dumm (I’m being stupid),” he muttered to himself. Surely there wasn’t any pudding in the bag or in the atrium. Whatever it was in there surely couldn’t do too much damage. He pulled open the bag and pulled out the treat.

He smelled the hot chocolate and that scent he associated with Zita before he heard her approach. His head turned slightly in her direction. “Dankeshön,” he said softly. He fiddled with the wrapper around the pastry she had brought as he answered her. ”Nein,” he said shaking his head no. ” I do not often leave mein department.” He put the pastry down and rubbed at his face with both hands, still feeling like he was covered in pudding. ”Last time,” he finally said despite his misgivings that it would just make him look more pathetic in her mind. ” Last time I came up to eat lunch, someone knocked mein food out of mein hands, dumped pudding all over me, laughed, und left me alone to clean it all up.” That was the short of it. It had been more like the man had taunted him in almost a mocking manner as if the man had thought it funny Adam was blind. Worse, it had taken him a long time to get rid of the pudding in his hair, even with a cleaning spell. Sure he had potions explode all the time, but at least in his lab, he knew how to handle things and it wasn’t in front of the entire ministry.