View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 10:53 AM   #24 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Tina had just enough time to arrange her supplies neatly on the desk in front of her before Professor Sandhu began the lesson. She focused all her attention on the woman, hoping that listening would help her stave off the sleepiness. Well, that explained the late hour! Why was she not at all surprised that the Beauxbatons astronomy professor hadn’t found a better time slot for them? Desmaris treated the Hogwarts students like second class citizens, so of course her staff would follow suit. Mumbling matagots, she’d forgotten just how snobbish Beauxbatons could be! Was that how she sounded to everyone at Hogwarts?

Tina mentally shook herself to stop her wandering thoughts. Astronomy now, rage against injustice later. Back on track, she copied the words written on the blackboard at the top of her notes as she considered the question. Astronomy’s applications within magic… her first thoughts went to divination, but somebody beat her to it. Then she thought of potions, how some potions ingredients needed to be picked or added at certain times in accordance with the moon phases, but that was already said too. She was beginning to draw a blank when something that Hufflepuff girl (Nora) said jogged her memory.

Her mind went back to that herbology lesson about spiral gardens earlier in the term. Her hand shot up, and she said, “Astronomy can be useful in herbology. It’s important to know the position of the sun relative to your location so you know when to plant and what direction your plants should face to get the amount of light they need.” She also knew that the moon’s gravitational pull affected the amount of moisture in soil, but she kept that to herself, as it fell in line with the other girl’s answer and didn’t need repeating.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...