View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 02:22 AM   #17 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
"Cody, a boy from Mugwomp Flats responds to a distress call about a trapped giant Golden Eagle called Marahute. Freeing her, he gains a close friendship with the bird. However, Cody is soon abducted by the murderous poacher, Percival McLeach, who is after that bird which is of a highly endangered species and therefore an extremely profitable quarry. In a panic, a mouse Cody freed from one of McLeach’s traps sends a desperate call for help to the Rescue Aid Society in New York City who assigns their top agents, Miss Bianca and Bernard to the task. With transportation provided by the goofy Albatross, Wilbur, the agents arrive in Austrailia and link up with the RAS’ local field operative, Jake The Kangaroo Rat. Together, the trio must race against time to find Cody, stop McLeach and save Marahute."
e x a m p l e s

Photos!: 24 avatars

PROCLAMATION FROM THE PRINCESS
The Rescuers Down Under was a movie that really made an impression on me when I first saw it when I was 5 and for the longest time I really did believe there were giant golden eagles in Australia and I just HAD to go there and help save the species. It was a movie that introduced me, and explained, the concept of endangered species and the role humanity has in it - this alongside Fern Gully when it came to humanity's impact on the environment in general. It is one of Disney's films that got lost in the mix - doomed to be forgotten with the lack of ad space and its release coming between The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast - and is actually one of the more groundbreaking animated features of the 'Disney renaissance' period. It's the first sequel, the first action adventure (zomg no singing at all), first digitally animated movie. I just always found, still do, something so incredibly charming and pure about Bernard and Bianca. I love Miss Bianca so much ("just need a pair of khaki pants and some hiking boots!").

And...yes, 5-year-old me did have a crush on a kangaroo rat.
I LOVED these movies as a kid. I swore I had a little golden eagle action figure that one of my brother's friends stole.

GOOD AVVIES, MAY STEAL

Though really, I need one of that lady with the giant eyelashes in The Rescuers (1977)...

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
BanaBatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote