Thread: Charms Lesson 1
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 01:58 AM   #88 (permalink)
Lissy Longbottom
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
Default hi I'm here so sorry I've been crazy busy ;_____;
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
Darts. A classroom full of people, a huge number of which were first years, who had just learned the Ascension Charm. Targets on the ceiling. What could possibly go wrong?

Taking hold of the levitated box when it reached his... group? pair? whichever... Kaiser gave it a little shake and eyed the contents. Yes, definitely sharp, pointy darts. Sharp and pointy enough to stick into a target, at least, which mean sharp and pointy enough to skewer skin. Or eyes. He was starting to wish he knew how to conjure a pair of safety goggles. Was there an equivalent to the Impervius Charm that protected against solid objects?

... He supposed he'd never know. Instead of asking Fuller-Thompson if such a thing existed, Kaiser held the box out towards Nettie so she could take a dart or two, took a few for himself, and set the box on the floor.

"Have you ever played with darts?" he asked his partner, looking doubtfully up at the target on the ceiling. He had... sort of. When he was a lot younger, some kids had found a discarded dartboard. And some darts to go with it as well, but there had only been three of those, and none in good shape. Two of them had had some of the sticking out parts at the end snapped off and the last had had a bent pointy bit. He supposed it didn't really matter; even if he'd played it properly before, this activity was very different. Aiming a dart with a spell was likely to be an entirely different experience than aiming while throwing.

Well, he supposed he should... try. Kaiser got the dart set up and aimed his wand at it. This time he'd try to put some oomph behind the spell, as he didn't want it not quite reaching and falling back down and straight into his eye.

"Alarte Ascendare!" Flick.

Woah. Okay. So the darts went up a lot easier than the beanbags, huh? Maybe because they were ~streamlined~. Noted. Kaiser watched as his dart suddenly shot upwards, and...

... jammed itself into the space between ceiling and target. Well.

He supposed he'd try to remember to aim next time, though how he would do that, he had no idea.
Nettie paused as she listened to Fuller-Thompson explain the next bit of the activity, feeling a bit nervous as he explained they were moving on to darts. Pointy darts? With THESE kids? Oh Merlin. "Um, no...never had the desire to...this doesn't seem like the...wisest move," she grumbled at Kaiser with a small frown. She hoped Healer Beryl wasn't teaching a class right now...

She stepped back as he got right to it, sending a dart up into the air with ease. She watched and took note of how the dart seemed to shoot up towards the ceiling a lot faster than the beanbag had...good to know. That meant she didn't have to strong arm it too much to get it to stick...

Oh. He seemed to have gotten it stuck. She smiled a little and chuckled at him.

"Nice try!" she told him, trying to be supportive before grabbing a dart herself and preparing to fire it. She took a few steps back from Kaiser - JUUUUUST to be safe, no one needed to lose an eye today - and pointed her wand at it. "Alarte Ascendare!" she exclaimed as she flicked her wand upwards towards the ceiling.

It hit the VERRRRY edge of the target she had been aiming for, BARELY sticking in the target. For a moment she half expected it to fall right out and land back at her feet...but nope, it stayed still, right along the edge of the target.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid