View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 11:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Oh, ha ha. Ha. The professormaster had made a joke, of sorts. Bernadette beamed at that one, not just because he was THE headprofessor but because she liked dad jokes, like that one.

"I'm not lost, sir," she answered truthfully, wondering if she should pull the spare bit of parchment she had in her pocket out to show him. Hmm... not yet. She had to figure out more about this Masterprofessor first. "I have plenty of time to get back to Papillon House before curfew!"

But back to his question, about all the way out here. It was a distance from her dormitory, but not from the dining hall.... maybe should show him her parchment after all. "I'm making a map," Bernie revealed, whipping her scroll out of her sleeve with quite the flourish. "I don't know any French and I suppose wizards have an odd system for labeling their rooms..." She could've sworn she was in one called A1, like the steak sauce, earlier. "But I have a rough drawing of the castle, and I just needed to see what this corridor connects to." It was rough, so far, with each floor of the castle being spaced out in tidy ink hatching. But it was also a nice drawing, that clearly Bernie had put some time into, and had used a ruler for straight lines and everything.
Not lost, huh?

“You’d be the first First Year today who wasn’t.” He’d already helped a few of them on their way before getting himself lost. It was as if karma had forgotten how to do her job. GOOD things were meant to ha—a map?

The Headmaster liberated the paper from her hands and gave it a good look over. “This corridor, here?” He pointed, caaaasually retracing his steps back from it with his eyes. This couldn’t have come at a better. Lost who? According to this map, all he had to do was.....wait. First Years were more liability than not. Focus Malachi. Couldn’t trust blindly anyone who hadn’t taken their OWL exams.

“It looks thorough.” Yes, yes, start with a compliment. Ease into it. “How long have you been working on it? Used it to find anywhere? Oh, look, a cute little scribble for my office,” And now the twist. “But, that’s not really where my office is. I’m almost sure it’s not.”

Accept the challenge, young Gryffindor. Let that worrisome pride take over. Lead him to his office to prove a point. He needed to get out of here.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.