View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 11:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

As the class officially started, Tina focused all her attention on Professor de Nostredame, hanging on to his every word. Her mood instantly brightened upon hearing the first question. So they were covering creatures indigenous to France, and de Nostredame asked for a shapeshifting creature… If this lesson went in the direction she thought it was going, they were in for a lot of fun!

The moment she heard the question, her mind immediately went to her favorite magical creature, the matagot - the black cat-like creatures that guard the Ministère des Affaires Magiques de la France and shapeshift into black cats upon leaving the wizarding world - but that answer was already said… sort of. A mathog? Seriously?! That sounded like a pig that could calculate equations… either that or the one nerdy kid in every arithmetic class who just had to answer all of the teacher's questions.*

It took every bit of restraint Tina had not to raise her hand and give the correct name of the creature. She was 99% sure the matagot was the answer de Nostredame was looking for, and she knew all about them! But at the same time, that answer could come across as condescending and rude. Either way she chose, it had the potential to reflect badly upon her, and she was not having that! She'd worked too hard to act like a perfect Beauxbatons student! So what would a perfect Beauxbatons student do?

If her four years' experience at this school was anything to go by, manners were just as important as knowledge, if not more so. That settled it; she was going to go for a different answer. Tina raised her hand and after being called on, she said, "What about the hidebehind, Professor? It's a beast created by the accidental breeding of a group and a demiguise, and as the name suggests, it can shapeshift and turn invisible to hide behind any object." Did that count?*

Tina was not at all confident in that answer, not so much in that her information was incorrect but that the creature, like the boggart, counted more as a DADA subject, but it was better than nothing… and hopefully better than correcting a first year in front of everyone.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...