View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 10:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
feeheeheeny

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia "Mia" Adair
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leigh Upstead
Hufflepuff
Third Year
x11
be curious, not judgmental

Text Cut: griffin and BanaBatGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
I'm having issues where I click on things that should bring me to the first unread post in a thread or other areas of SS but instead I get redirected to other websites that look really sketchy and not very SS friendly (for example, one page directed me to a 18+ rated game).

Here are some screenshot examples of the sites I am being redirected to from SS: 1, 2

I have not yet figured out if this is only on specific pages or if it is every time I click on anything on site, but it is significantly impeding my ability to view anything on SS and I am concerned about getting viruses from the weird sites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
I have this problem too! It happens to me regardless of whether I am logged in or not, and always when I am looking at SS on a cell phone browser. I use Google Chrome on an Android phone.

These popups do NOT get to me on a laptop with Google chrome browser, and Ad Block Plus enabled. But it ruins my phone browsing experience.

^^^ The same thing has been happening to me, too, for the last 2-3 days when I’m on my iPhone using the Safari browser. I’m in the US. For me, the frequency seems to be about 50% of the time I click a link to take me somewhere else onsite, a new window pops up with some kind of spam advertisement. The one that came up on this page proclaimed, “A hacker is tracking you!”

I haven’t had it happen on a PC either; on there, I use Chrome with an ad-blocker.
Attached Images
File Type: png 88F457EF-5F71-43C6-8BA3-10875FDBD728.png (152.0 KB, 13 views)