View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 05:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
Shanners

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Eliora Dodderidge
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Theophilus Darcy

x7 x5
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
Huh? Wh4t? Hmm?

Jordan definitely heard his own name mentioned just then, so naturally he turned to look towards the speaker. Who was using his name? It was his, you know.

Oh, it was the instructor from Stemp House. Vic...tor? Victor. Well... that was okay, then. Jordan saw the wave and nodded in response. And then he looked at the blonde on Victor's arm - though really she was looped around it rather than ON it - who also waved, and nodded at her too.

And then he just continued nodding, bobbing his head like a... something that bobbed its head. Jordan was still occupied by his head-bobbing when Mrs. Stemp aka Lorelai aka Lori aka fourteen-year-long-mother-figure and her hugging arms was suddenly right there, wrapped around him, and he realised what he was doing and stopped. Sort of. Not really.

Jordan counted the hug - one Ravenclaw, two Ravenclaws, three Ravenclaws - and it wasn't until she let him go again that he processed what she'd said. Something important? He was intrigued. "Okay. Yes. Let's do that." Jordan nodded more deliberately now, quite content to sit by Lori and talk about the something-important.

His eyes lit up at the mention of angles, and his nodding was slightly more fervent for a moment. "I can do that!" He could! This sort of thing was his specialty.

While Mama Mrs. Stemp made her excuses and hurried off, Jordan set about finding the perfect angle from the stage to the table, factoring in acoustics and optimal unimpeded views and distance and 3V3RYTH1NG, sidestepping awkwardly around the others and between chairs until he found ex4ctly the right spot.

"Excellent," he said aloud only really for his own benefit, before taking a seat at the table. A few minutes later, and Lorelai was back. Jordan met her with a smile. "I found it." The Perfect Angle™. That.
Lorelai knew that the only person she could trust with such an important job was Jordan and he never failed to make her proud every single time. Even with any trouble he had been in over the years. She had a soft spot for Jordan and always had since he joined them at the House. There was many a time she had sat at home past midnight with Adam and only been able to talk about Jordan and her want to give him the better life he deserved. She felt like that about all of the residents, she truly did. But there was always one that stuck with her. First it had been Tino.. and that.... well, she'd failed him over and over and over again - something that Lori would never forgive herself for. Now it was Jordan.

And she wasn't about to make the same mistake here.

As she slipped into the seat beside him, she grinned. "I think I'll have to start paying you to pick my seats at all events. Concerts, meetings, photoshoots, book tours.." She took her bag from her shoulder and opened it up to reveal a bunch of sweets and snacks before offering them to Jordan. "Treat yourself, sweetheart." Because they had some important things to discuss.

[Grimoire]__________________________________________________ ____________