View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 02:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
sarahlooo

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeheeheeny View Post
Teddy was not afforded any extra time to overthink; a voice called to him from behind the door immediately, and the eleven-year-old hesitated. He needed a few more seconds to rehearse this in his head, to gather all his courage, to think of his influences and his desire to make them proud.

But, bravely, he entered the... very small room. Could it even have really been considered a room? Could they really not have done something more for a man of his prestige? Were all the professors subjected to these kinds of "living" quarters?

He didn't have to move into the room very far to arrive very near to the man's desk. Maybe too close for comfort. But Teddy's first impression of him? He had a laid-back aura about him. He kind of reminded him of an older version of Uncle Mo: relatively well-kept and not particularly intimidating, but he had a warmth about him. It was a nice change of pace compared to the high-strung atmosphere of this whole school, and Teddy may have visibly softened at the sight of him if his mission today was not so unnerving.

"Hi," he began uncertainly. "I'm-- a first year-- Ravenclaw-- sorry, I know you're-- not my head of house but-- um, I was told that if I got overwhelmed or missed home that I should... come see..." He paused, clearing his throat uncomfortably. Teddy KNEW what the name said on his small piece of parchment as he had studied it countless times, but to punctuate the fact that these were REAL instructions given to him, he pulled out the note from his pocket to innocently read and extend to him, "...Professor Piersie? Is... this you?"

Big, hopeful eyes.
Piers looked up from his lesson plans when the door opened and looked at a young boy, who.. didn't really look familiar, to be quite honest. With all the extra students around, it was hard to place faces with names and be able to tell who in a corridor of two hundred students was French and who was not. He couldn't tell he wasn't French until he spoke.

He was rather close, did he know?

Piers cleared his throat and scooted his chair to the side a little while he listened to the Ravenclaw blunder through an introduction. He followed the boy's movements with his eyes and saw the parchment he pulled from his pocket.

.... Professor Piersie.

He stayed quiet for a long moment, silently going through a list of past students and faculty members who had used that nickname before... who would send a first year to his office as an obvious prank. Piers stared at the note for a long moment before clearing his throat again. "Why don't you tell me who gave you this lovely note, eh?" Because, homesick or not, he was being put up to this and he wanted to know by WHOM.

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise