View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 09:10 PM   #92 (permalink)
Freyr
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Default Purple Team!!!
Astrophile

SPOILER!!: response to the answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post

"Correct." The Headmaster commended. "Good thinking. The opponent would most certainly still have their wands free to retaliate meaning you haven't truly reduced your level of danger. Similarly, anything too quick will be able to easily avoid such a tactic."

A more promising response after that last one...

Freyr was happy to see that his first lesson was going well.

SPOILER!!: Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post

"I like what I'm hearing. It tells me, for the most part, you've been making assessments of the spell as you work and more or less understand its limitations. To be clear, even after you cast successfully, you still haven't disarmed your attacker. If the attacker is particularly quick, your chances of landing a successful shot are drastically reduced. Spells that properly take the pursuer out of commission should always be prioritized unless there's a chance to make a safe exit, in which case that may be the best option. There are of course exceptions. Aurors, for instance, aren't trained to retreat unless absolutely necessarily, but for the average witch or wizard, there's no need to remain at risk if you can change that. Most things aren't worth risking your life."

Being a hero was cool. Living was also cool. Making smart choices was very much the coolest.

Malachi took a moment to remove the rabbits. Each vanished into a thin puff of coloured smoke. The rocks were then collected and stored away for the next time his lesson required creatures.

"Let's move on to the main activity. For this, I'd like you all to forget the groups you were previously in. Now, there should only be two teams. For simplicity, they'll be the purple and orange teams. If you know anything about the muggle game freeze tag, this should be an easy concept for you." Relatively easy even if they hadn't. "In these teams, you will use the stickfast hex to stick your opponents in place. You can use anything in this room as cover and shield charms are of course an option if you can cast them." As he hadn't removed the obstacles. "Anywhere is fair game, even the walls." Courtesy of another set of charms. They'd be able to run up and down them with ease. "Rules. You can't unstick yourself, even if you know the counter charm. Your teammate must unfreeze you. The team with the most "frozen" students loses. The winners will be exempt from the first homework of the school year."

Just a little extra incentive. It was all information that would be covered in the following class and easily something that didn't need to be homework but was.

"If there are no questions, find your teams then you can begin."

OOC: Time for the main and final activity of the lesson! In groups, freeze the other team. Note, you cannot decide if another person's character gets stuck. You can take aim but it's up to the other RPer to decide if it lands. You all have until September 14. Have fun! I'll be around IC and OOC in case anything comes up.

Freyr walked to one side of the class, decided to be in the Purple Team said to his classmates "Orange Team, here I come!" He started to wait for the first classmate to choose the Orange Team. He was ready and he was already having fun. He tried to remember his cousins' duels and their protection spells.