View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 08:21 AM   #51 (permalink)
Freyr
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
quill Answer to the first question
Astrophile

SPOILER!!: First Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post

At the stroke of twelve, Malachi drew his wand and the door slammed shut as it always did before he began his lessons. The returning students, at the very least, would not be surprised by the gesture. It was what happened. It was what being late got you.

"Good morning and welcome! For those of you who don't know, my name is Malachi Trent, your Headmaster--though I confess I do hope you know I'm the Headmaster even if you know nothing else." If not...that was concerning in itself. "As you can very clearly see, the door is locked. Be on time for class, or risk being on the wrong side of the door and having an unnecessary meeting with me after for skipping." Unnecessary because all they had to do to avoid it was be on time. It helped to start heading for the class before the expected time, just in case. There were any number of things that could always go wrong. Constant vigilance was a real thing.

"We'll be starting the term off with some light fun. Nothing dangerous, but practical all the same." Here's to looking at you kids who liked to freak out the moment the classroom looked a little darker than usual or a few creatures with slightly terrifying teeth and claws and massive sizes just happened to be present and chained to the walls.

Sheesh.

"For now, pay no attention to the covered boxes. We'll get to that in a bit. Let's start off with an easy question. One that won't require you to crack open your textbook but will require you to put some extra effort into thinking." Thinking and teenagers didn't always go hand in hand but he was willing to believe in them for the purpose of getting things started.

"What are some intuitive and effective ways to evade someone or something that's chasing you? What methods would you employ?" How would they handle it? And no, Dakest, running and or screaming was not the answer.

Freyr was struck with the question. He thought with all the things he would learn in this lesson, he would not have to run from any opponent. Sitting in his seat thinking about the question and trying to keep his mind from wondering more what was in the box, Freyr thought that he could combine those tricks he once saw in a Muggle spy movie with magic.

So he raised his hand and said "I would try to put the person or thing of its stride. I would disguise appropriately with the environment, if I cannot I would try to create sources somehow that will make sound from different directions so that the thing chasing me would not know which direction I went. If I know on which sense my pursuer rely on the most, I would try to create distraction aimed to that sense as much as possible."

Freyr felt like his answer was a workaround but he thought considering how little he knew, it was enough.