View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 11:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Co-DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO

Erumpent

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

"...adventure follows disfigured Quasimodo, the bell-ringer of Notre Dame Cathedral, who bides his time locked away in a tower. With only gargoyles to keep him company, Quasimodo longs to be with other people, leading to his chance encounter with the enchanting Gypsy Esmeralda. When the beautiful young woman catches the attention of Quasimodo's guardian, the sinister Frollo, Quasimodo must help to keep her out of his clutches"
e x a m p l e s

Photos!: 42 avatars

PROCLAMATION FROM THE PRINCESS
My relationship with The Hunchback of Notre Dame is a bit of a shaky one. I remember going to see this in theaters and not disliking it...but I also didn't really like it either. I thought it was pretty and the music wonderful, but there was something about it that really unsettled my then 11-year-old self and it would not be until I revisited the film later that I really GOT the movie and its themes. Needless to say, and maybe..just maaaaaaaaybe you can guess by her abundance in the actual grab bag, the character Esmeralda is my favorite part about this film (and Clopin because WOW those vocals are just sdlfkjdsfjsll). She is so strong, a humanist, a freedom fighter, and owns everything about herself. Esmeralda is a good portrait of what it means to strike a balance between changing one’s world and taking time to find your own place in it. There is also a beautiful duality portrayed in the film that we get right from the opening number: “what makes a monster and what makes a man” and we see that accumulate in what is arguably THE best villain song in Disney history: Heaven's Light/Hellfire. Frollo is, for me, the most terrifying villain that Disney has made to date and watching his demise is so so so sooooooooo satisfying.

sometimes the only payoff for having any faith is when it's tested again and again every day....
I'm still comparing your past to my future; it might be over but they're not sutures....
I am the sand bottom half of the hourglass; I try to picture me without you but I can't....
sweetpinkpixie is online now   Reply With Quote